Scientist 3, Analytical Services Group
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Oxford BioMedica is a pioneer of gene and cell therapy and our work is helping to deliver life changing treatments.
Gene and cell therapy is the treatment of disease by the delivery of therapeutic DNA into a patient’s cells, providing long term and potentially curative treatments for a wide range of diseases. With the potential to transform medicine, the sector holds significant promise with the first commercial products now launched and others rapidly approaching the market.
Our recent successes are driving significant growth. we are looking to recruit a Scientist 3 to join our Analytical Services Group. The purpose of the role is to perform and report laboratory-based assays; and to plan, execute and report analytical investigations, in accordance with GMP regulatory requirements.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Perform assays for QC release and stability in accordance with GMP regulations
- Report results in accordance with GMP regulations to the required deadline
- Maintain awareness of regulatory requirements for analytical work (e.g. product specifications and stability testing guidelines)
- Carry out QC check of assays performed by other scientists
- Plan, execute and report preparation and/or verification of control materials
- Complete quality records (QIs, deviations, CAPAs and change controls)
- Write and review SOPs and Forms
- Assist with maintenance of ASG equipment to maintain GMP compliance
Key skills and requirements:
- Previous laboratory technical experience in one or more of the following areas: cell culture, qPCR or ELISA
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to work within GMP regulations and maintain compliance; previous experience of working within a regulatory environment is essential
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure
- Good organisational and time management skills
Educated to BSc level with above experience including GMP is essential
No agencies please