Medical Science Liaison - Neuroscience
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
An internationally known biotechnology company has an opening for a Medical Science Liaison - Neuroscience job at their UK office. The company has a strong reputation for developing innovative therapies for neurological diseases and employs approximately 7,000 people worldwide.
The MSL will provide field-based medical/scientific expertise, ensuring an understanding of the disease area and Biogen Idec's products as appropriate. They are integral to building valued constructive partnerships with key stakeholders in the medical community and the healthcare system. MSLs contributes to company success through both internal and external medical education and medical/scientific information exchange and support. Sr MSLs utilize their medical/scientific expertise to gather medical insights and to support research/data generation initiatives.
- Acting as a trusted and credible medical science discussion partner by engaging in scientific/ medical exchange with HCPs/ stakeholders as appropriate (as per the Biogen Idec Medical Affairs whitepaper). Depending upon local requirements and regulations, this may include:
- Proactive or reactive focused communication / education within the product label (using non-promotional materials)
- Proactive, broad discussion around relevant Disease Areas
- Reactive, broader communication which may cover both approved and non-approved products and wider Disease Area literature (medical / scientific exchange)
- Legitimate exchange of medical and scientific information during the development of a medicine for the purpose of information gathering from groups such as medical experts/thought leaders (e.g., presentations at symposia)
- Exploring new agendas within the MSL community and gathering medical insights to inform MA activities, LCM, and investigational compounds.
- Staying up to date with therapy advances, current research, medical scientific knowledge, and detailed knowledge on company products & relevant Disease Areas.
- Supporting Medical Research activities (link with GCDO functions e.g., CRCL), internal training, and external education, e.g. may be involved in the support and coordination of clinical research activities.
- Appropriately interacting and collaborating with other internal functions (e.g., sales, market access or regulatory affairs).
- Providing expertise to HCPs and other stakeholders who wish to present data on disease areas and related products.
Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Edward White at +44 203 854 2622 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.