- Experience Level
Hobson Prior are currently looking for a Category Manager to join one of the largest biotechology companies who are devoted to improving the lives of patients by delivering pioneering medicines and diagnostic tests world-wide. This position will be on a contract basis, located in Switzerland.
- Accountable for proactively identifying opportunities, engaging, and partnering with Business stakeholders and regional Procurement, and managing Category suppliers to deliver overall Category performance and saving targets.
- Support the definition of Category Strategy and Annual Pipeline for the Category of External Manufacturing Services.
- Collate supplier, market, category and internal data and Business requirements to formulate and validate the Category Strategy and develop a pipeline of proactive initiatives based on the Category Strategy, local requirements and stakeholder planning activities.
- Provide deep expertise in supporting the realization of Procurement targets, including delivery of high value sourcing, demand management, process re-engineering, and supplier performance and innovation activities.
- Develop category buying guides and content to translate the Category Strategy and outcomes into clear guidance and executable content.
- Responsible as a member of the direct procurement team within the future ERP program.
- Represent as a liaison between Business Process Management, Direct Procurement and the ERP program workstream.
- Support the project team in analysing business operations to assist in the design/redesign and documentation of business processes and clear definition of the business requirements regarding processes for the CMO Business Scenario.
- Co-operate with operational teams, key users and other stakeholders to ensure understanding and alignment of reporting needs and E2E data governance processes.
- Compliance with all policies and procedures on a global and local level is an essential part of the design considerations.
- Proven capability in negotiation, conflict resolution and stakeholder management.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Category Management and Project organizations.
- Able to analyse, design, describe and test IT solutions from an E2E business process understanding.
- University degree, with Business or Life Sciences degree preferable.
- Business level fluency in English.
- Minimum of 3+ years in-depth strategic and operational procurement experience with knowledge of category management and advanced strategic sourcing.
- Minimum of 3+ years of overall business experience, including working within a regulated industry for regulated categories with familiarity of relevant legal risks and issues.
- Understanding of process-based/cross-process IT systems (ERP and decentralized systems) for the relevant functional area.
- Strong business process knowledge and experience in the respective functional area.
- Change management and process improvement skills with direct experience in delivering complex business process / organizational change.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of CMO procurement processes, standards and how they relate to operational business.
- Demonstrated business improvement experience.
- In-depth knowledge of respective business processes in the functional area of Procurement, e.g. direct procurement, Material Resource Planning.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Category Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly