- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
The Procurement Specialist is expected to develop local/regional relationships with internal customers. They must analyze and understand customer requirements in order to provide professional advice and ongoing support to meet their business requirements. The Procurement Specialist provides specialized procurement knowledge, commodity analysis and maintains ongoing commercial relationships between PAREXEL and its supplier. The Procurement Specialist will also play a role in supplier management, working closely with local/regional suppliers to develop business relationships that help facilitate a more streamlined approach to sourcing while ensuring through negotiation that price competitiveness and high levels of service are maintained.
- Maintains close working relationships and provides professional advice and assistance to local customers
- Ensuring accuracy of order placement, method of shipment and payment terms
- Addressing enquiries and resolving transactional supplier issues
- Providing requested services for market information and data
- Negotiates contract terms and conditions with local and regional suppliers to ensure optimum proce competitiveness and service levels are maintained.
- Assists local customers with budget planning and development of a detailed analysis of their requirements.
- Manages the supplier databases and other tools that support supplier evaluation criteria and supplier selection. Assist with the set up, data input, and maintenance of online catalogs.
- Reviews the supplier qualification information and recommends supplier status. provides quarterly reporting, as required.
- Regularly and proactively reviews terms to ensure optimum benefits are secured and monitors supplier performance and adherence to contract terms.
- Sound knowledge of procurement principles, theories, concepts and processes.
- Ability to develop solutions to procurement problems and provide high quality and/or creative solutions.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, reporting, and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional business teams.
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship building and conflict management.
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and deadlines.
- Good process and project management skills.
Knowledge and Experience:
Procurement experience with a large company, typically gained over 2- 4 years.
Fluent German, both written and spoken is a requirement.
Exposure to global operations and/or professional services or life sciences is desirable.
- High School Diploma/A Levels/HND or equivalent experience.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience desirable.