Senior Scientist - Downstream Development
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
ProClinical are collaborating with a Oxford-based biotechnology company that focuses on large molecule biologics. They are looking to positively impact human health by creating novel therapeutics for the treatment of various severe diseases with limited options for patients and their families. This an amazing chance to join a truly unique company that offers an innovative, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and to be part of an exceptional multidisciplinary team with a mission to transform serious illnesses are treated.
- Design and execute normal flow filtration, tangential flow filtration, packed bed / chromatography, membrane chromatography and centrifugation process development studies
- Author and review process characterisation protocols and reports
- Keep up to date with current trends in bioprocessing and assess new technologies for use in this niche area of production
- Provide input into scale up activities and associated technology transfer of purification processes.
- Provide creative input and direction for development studies and procedure optimisation.
- Build relationships with vendors and contractors.
- Design, implement, manage, and report development studies performed within the group.
Skills and Requirements:
- 3-5 years laboratory or GMP experience in a relevant work environment.
- OR PhD with 2-3 years laboratory or GMP experience in a relevant work environment.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with data analysis with statistical methods.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Alannah Chauhan at +44 203 861 8210 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.