Clinical Trials Technician
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Are you interested in the dynamic Clinical Research Industry?
We are currently looking to recruit a Clinical Trials Technician for our BRAND NEW Clinical Research site in Manchester, based in the prestigious Manchester Science Park.
As a Clinical Trials Technician you will be responsible for receiving and processing blood samples in line with GCP (good clinical practise) as well as looking after the storage and receipt of IMP (Investigative Medical Product). Once trained you will also have the opportunity to perform minor clinical procedures for some exciting ongoing trials at the site.
This role is working Monday-Friday, 37 hours a week.
Bonus: up to 30% annual bonus, paid quarterly, based on site performance.
Additional Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 5% matched contribution pension scheme, 3x Life Cover, access to our High Street discounts portal, Employee Assistance Programme, Employee Health Cash Plan programme, Cycle to work scheme, enhanced sickness and family friendly policies, excellent training and development opportunities.
Key roles and responsibilities for the Clinical Trials Technician are -
- Engage patients when required, ensure patients fully understand procedures; encourage patients to express any concerns.
- Screen and perform clinical procedures efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure a pleasant and safe environment for patients.
- Promote a positive image of Synexus to all monitors and other customer representative’s e.g. Central laboratories, couriers.
- Implement agreed systems to ensure high standards of customer service are maintained.
- Carry out duties in accordance with GCP and GLP (ICH/GCP and local regulations)
- Work in accordance with Health and Safety and COSHH regulations ensure meticulous recording of data in both clinical and research notes.
- Maintain accurate biological sampling freezer logs, specimen labelling, processing and dispatch documentation.
- Perform quality control checks of all laboratory documentation/source data entry and correct errors promptly; work with monitors and Data Coordinator to ensure prompt corrections/answers to data queries.
- Maintain clinical trial supplies (kits, dry ice) and order appropriate clinical supplies
- Develop an awareness of other employees’ roles providing help and assistance as appropriate as directed by the Clinical Research Nurse Manager/Senior Nurse.
- Participate actively in weekly team meetings, events to strengthen team spirit and in other regular meetings/ discussions with colleagues and customers.
- Identify priorities; bring issues to the attention of your Line Manager to ensure the smooth running of the clinic.
- Share experience and knowledge with colleagues as appropriate and in and appropriate manner.
- Instil confidence in all patients and potential patients.
- Understand requirements for confidentiality
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will:
- Suitably qualified in a health related field e.g. NVQ
- Practical Clinical/lab experience
- Capable of working on your own as well as working in a cross functional team
- An attention to detail, to ensure things are done right first time
- Not afraid to ask questions, working collaboratively to ultimately benefit the patients
Interested? Great, please apply ASAP as we may close the advert earlier than the expiry date
Synexus is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the company
Our success is based on a simple, but crucial, principle. We place the patient at the heart of everything we do. Synexus is a world class Site Network Organisation with global expertise spanning patient recruitment, trial planning, management and patient retention.
We recruit and retain more engaged patients, at fewer sites, and in less time than traditional centres, enhancing the quality and efficiency of our customers’ drug development programmes.