Global drug safety physician
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
Job Title:Global Drug safety physician
Purpose of the job
The purpose of the GPS Senior Medical Advisor/ Medical Advisor is to perform medical roles within the Global Patient Safety (GPS) Medical function. These include performing as the Product or Molecule Safety Physician/Lead Physician, training /coaching /mentoring and demonstrating Global Patient Safety expertise. He or she is the global patient safety Medical Area representative for both internal and external customers regarding a product or molecule, interacting as prescribed in corporate guidelines, standards and policies. Individualized responsibilities for a particular product or project will be discussed and agreed at an individual level.
Product or Molecule Safety Physician / Lead Physician
- Providing global medical leadership
- Ensure proactive safety surveillance
- Build collaborative working relationships with other Global Patient Safety Physicians and development and brand teams medical globally to ensure full cooperation and high quality medical evaluation of safety data for global regulatory purposes.
- Demonstrate knowledge in pharmacovigilance and risk minimization, which includes understanding of relevant aspects of laws, regulations and guidance.
Understanding and Support of the QPPV role
Understanding the roles and responsibilities of the European Union Qualified Person (QPPV)
Training, Coaching, Mentoring
Provide training, coaching and mentorship to safety surveillance scientists, and other GPS Medical physicians and clinical research scientists
Global Patient Safety Leadership
Provide input to Global Patient Safety Leadership Team and Safety Review Committee as required
Act as the Companies Medical Representative for both internal and external customers, interacting as prescribed in corporate guidelines and policies
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy. Must be board eligible or certified in appropriate specialty/subspecialty or have completed the comparable level of post-medical school clinical training relevant to the country of hiring.
- Clinical research or pharmaceutical medicine experience preferred
- Knowledge of drug development process
- Exceptional command in English; both written and verbal communications
- Ability to influence others (both cross-functionally and within the function) in order to create a positive working environment.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Willing to engage in domestic and international travel to the degree appropriate to support the business of the team.