Data visualisation specialist
2 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Data visualisation specialist/ Data Journalist
Here at huumun, we believe in the power of the human touch in every technology.
We are one team of multi-disciplinary experts, specialising in UX, UI design, Scientific/Medical Communications, Data Analysis and Visualisation, project management and full-stack development. Through close collaboration and agile methodologies, we create user-centric digital experiences that empower users in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
We are now offering an exciting opportunity for a data visualisation specialist/data journalist to join our team. Are you passionate about designing innovative and effective data visualisations that bring data to life and communicates the key messages to resonate with users? Read on!
This is a client facing role, so you will be working closely with multi-disciplinary skill sets including scientific communication specialists, UX and UI teams to design and execute compelling data visualisation stories. You are instrumental in capturing and ideating these scientific stories into global deliverables. You will have the capability in this role to enhance the aesthetic values in scientific communication, whilst maintaining a high standard of problem solving.
- Be and inspire as the data visualisation evangelist within the business
- Work closely with scientific communication specialists, design teams, development teams to design and execute story telling artefacts for clients and internal research.
- Create visual solutions that meet our client's needs but exceed their expectations
- Identify data visualisation opportunities and present them to clients as well as within the business.
- Stay ahead of the curve with data visualisation trends and visual analytics tools
- Proactively research to improve approaches, process, tools and techniques.
- Apply best practice in data visualisation to improve visual accuracy and salience.
- Occasional travel may be required across the US and Europe.
- Tools not limited to, but proficient in:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in visualisation software e.g. Sketch, Adobe CC
- Proficiency in statistical programming tools e.g. Python, R or other equivalent languages
- Proficiency in analytic tools e.g. Tableau, Power BI, QlickSense or Spotfire
- Interest in or experience with advanced data visualisation tools, such as D3.js
- Qualifications and experience suited to this role:
- At least 3 years of experience in working as a data visualisation specialist, data journalist or equivalent.
- Portfolio or case studies that demonstrate end-to-end process, visual design problem solving and enhanced story telling (required before candidates will be considered for interview). This is not a pure BI role, so if you have a BI background please consider how you demonstrate your suitability for the role
- Practical knowledge and programming skills to create data visualisation from start to end, (Data wrangling, analysis, and visualization)
- Excellent verbal, visual communication and listening skills
- Academic qualification, work experience and ideally a passion for science and healthcare
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire, easy access by road and BR.
Salary package: Competitive
Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response. We will notify you if you are progressed to the next stage.