Global Head Biostatistics and Clinical Data Management
- Experience Level
Global Head of Biostatistics and Data Management – Consumer Healthcare and Research
Salary £80 – 90,000 Depending on Experience
Benefits: 25 days holiday, up to 40% bonus, £8,400 car allowance, Private Health for you and dependants, Agile working, Work from home, Subsidised Staff Restaurant, paid Volunteering days, Education sponsorship, publishing support, opportunity to work in a brand new, state of the art facility.
Location: Hull or Slough
Compass Associates have exclusively partnered with one of the largest and most successful consumer healthcare brands in the world, supporting the search for a Global leader of Biostatistics and Data Management. Our client are leaders in each market they operate, and they have household brands across OTC Medicine, Nutrition, Cosmetics, and Devices. This is an incredible opportunity to play a highly visible transformative role, in one of the most forward-thinking and engaging businesses in the UK.
The Global Head of Biostatistics and Data Management is responsible for all Biostatistics and Data Analytics support and advice across the business, globally. As a critical member of the Evidence Generation and Clinical Research leadership team, you will interact with colleagues and internal and external stakeholders to develop and embed robust statistical thinking across all R&D innovation projects and ensure the integrity of data so that accurate and credible results can be utilised.
You will also manage key stakeholders across the R&D business area, as well as Medical Science and Regulatory Affairs. It is a highly visible role where you have the opportunity to lead projects from the front, and be accountable to their successful implementation, something which can be rare to truly have in modern global businesses.
You will have the opportunity to build and shape the Biostatistics & Data Management team, which is based around an outsourced provision, and hold responsibility for a wide range of projects, initiatives, and deliverables including;
- Critical input to study design, sample size calculation and analysis methodology, incorporating complex and diverse regulatory requirements to support global project delivery
- Selection and oversight of the best vendors to deliver on data recording, analysis and reporting
- Working with other R&D, Medical Science and Regulatory Affairs on most appropriate evidence to support desired claims
- Represent Biostatistics in the leadership team and internal initiatives and on innovation project teams and clinical study teams as required
- Participate in Health Authority meetings (briefing book preparation, meeting attendance if appropriate)
- Contribute to the preparation of responses to address significant safety, regulatory and PR issues requiring data analysis
- Devise, and deliver to business partners, training materials to embed robust statistical thinking to R&D innovation projects
- Ensure through dynamic resourcing that appropriate support is given to the innovation projects & teams
- Responsible for delivery within agreed time frames and collaborate across partner functions to ensure timely delivery of all data required, to enable robust and consistent decision-making
- Supports work required to refine Biostatistics & Data Management processes and procedures to optimise accuracy and efficiency, thus enabling speed to market
- Responsible for managing Health Outcome through own Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs), and for contributing as an active member of the Scientific Review Committee, to ensure effective utilisation of active studies for the overall benefit of programmes across the organisation.
To be considered for this role, our client is looking for outstanding talented Statisticians, who can act in a far broader capacity that purely Statistical and Data Management oversight. You will need to be highly commercially orientated to make the most of the range of opportunities this role will present. As well as this, it is expected that you will have the following qualifications, skills, and experience;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mathematical or statistical field with an advanced degree &/or certification preferred
- Experience working at a senior level in pharmaceutical / consumer health / cosmetic / nutrition or at a CRO as a biostatistician
- Experience in different regulatory classifications
- Expert knowledge of SAS programming, statistical methods and concepts in clinical trials
- Excellent understanding of the processes, standards and software used in clinical trials, outcomes research and real-world evidence generation
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of GCP and regulatory guidelines
- Familiarity with emerging statistical methodologies and their application to product development
- Line management experience
- Experience in process improvement
- Ability to consistently deliver to time, cost and quality standards in a high-pressure environment
Our client operates at the best in class in a class they have created. They’re focused on identifying the skills sets they need tomorrow and then bringing in the right talent so that together they can build the R&D of the future. To be successful with our client, you should be;
- Be a self-starter, who excels in a fast-paced and dynamic international environment. You should be confident in dealing with ambiguity and should be able to work on your own initiative, operating effectively within a matrix organisation
- Approachable with strong interpersonal and motivational skills. You should have an ability to engage and build strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders at varying levels, and be capable of motivating teams to deliver outstanding results with or without hierarchical relationships
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a natural flair for presentations. You should have very good attention to detail and strong analytical capacity
- Be able to transform solid thinking into action with a strong focus on delivery and output. You should be effective at managing multiple projects and activities across a range of timelines with a broad spectrum of goals
- Have strong commercial understanding of corporate and operational business issues, and sharp business acumen
- Be creative and digitally savvy with an ability to think out of the box and willing to embrace change
How to Apply
This is a critically important role for our client, and they have prioritised decision making for the recruitment process. As such we are expecting prompt feedback and assessment, so please do not delay any application or request for further information. If you are interested, please either apply directly using the apply now button, or contact the Life Sciences Divisional Manager, David Jolley on +44 (0)2393 877 358, or his mobile +44 (0)7738 58 66 27, or email email@example.com
Compass Associates offer a highly competitive referral scheme, where you can earn up to £250 in John Lewis or Amazon vouchers by sharing the name of a prospective candidate who goes on to secure a position as a result of your referral. If you do not think this is the right role for you, but you know someone who would be interested in learning more about it, please contact David directly to share further details, confidentially.
More searches like this
- Data Management / Statistics £100,000 or more Full Time Permanent jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Biostatistics £100,000 or more Full Time Permanent jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Clinical Data Management £100,000 or more Full Time Permanent jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- HEOR £100,000 or more Full Time Permanent jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Outcomes £100,000 or more Full Time Permanent jobs in Kingston upon Hull