Scientific Director / Editorial Team Leader
Our client is an international medical communications agency who is seeking a Scientific Director or Editorial Team Leader to join and lead an editorial team in either their London or Cheshire offices.
The Scientific Director / Editorial Team Leader will take responsibility for the scientific strategy and integrity of major medical communication and education programmes and activities across a global oncology account. The deliverables will include publications, medical affairs educational materials, strategic projects, meetings – ad boards, investigator meetings and educational pieces. Working with closely with the Client Services, and leading a team of around 10, you will guide contact with clients, provide strategic direction, write content, provide content briefs and review others writers’ work.
In return, you can expect an excellent salary and suite of benefits including pension, bonus, 22 days holidays and much more. This is a great opportunity to join one of the world’s largest medical education and communication agencies, known for scientific excellence and medical communication expertise.
- Provide high-level consultancy service to clients
- Assure the scientific accuracy of medical communication and education projects
- Engage with client services and editorial teams to pursue organic and new business growth opportunities
- Support the delivery of strategic documents (e.g. scientific platforms, scientific statement development) and other deliverables with high scientific and strategic content (e.g. advisory boards, clinical investigator meetings and guideline workshops)
- Line manage editorial team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Life Science BSc, MSc, PhD or MD qualified
- Has a wealth of medical communication and education agency experience with demonstrable experience of providing strategic counsel, developing and implementing medical communication and education plans
- Has a track record of building consultancy relationships with clients and healthcare professionals
- Has broad scientific and therapeutic experience with excellent research and analytical abilities; is able to place scientific and clinical data in therapeutic and market context
- Has excellent editorial competency and the ability to critically review project work for scientific accuracy and integrity
- Is able to identify new business opportunities, and to drive proposal development and presentation to client
- Is an excellent communicator, influencer and networker
If you tick these boxes, then here is the chance to move to a company where integrity, partnership, respect, innovation and fun are core values.
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.
Apply for Scientific Director / Editorial Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly