- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We have an exciting opportunity to strengthen our Engineering team and we are looking to fill the full time position of Lead Engineering Technician across Oxford Biomedica’s sites in Oxford.
The job purpose is to be responsible for organising and performing all engineering maintenance activities associated within the area of responsibility, including all equipment, utility and facility planned and reactive maintenance, calibration, quality compliance, and contractor management. Also, the job requires the post-holder to provide supervisory support and leadership to Engineering Maintenance technicians to manage their work activities and overall performance and development.
The Engineering team are responsible for managing and performing equipment maintenance and calibration of all Manufacturing equipment and systems. They are also responsible for managing all the utility systems across all the Oxford BioMedica sites along with providing an engineering service to all departments within the organisation.
- Be the first point of contact for the area of responsibility for all engineering related issues and provide a comprehensive service to customers, where the response is aligned with the requirements of the business.
- Orchestrate and prioritise engineering routine and reactive activities whilst maintaining an end user focus.
- Lead, manage and develop Engineering Maintenance Technicians.
- Ensure compliant operation of all manufacturing, laboratory and office facilities.
- Carry out reactive and planned preventative maintenance (PPM) activities.
- To participate in an on call roster for emergency breakdowns to ensure seamless operation of the manufacturing suite.
- Manage and prioritise work requests to meet Engineering Key Performance Indicators.
- Active involvement in shutdowns and engineering projects to ensure smooth running and efficient delivery of engineering objectives.
- Manage contractors ensuring they carry out work to the standards of Oxford BioMedica and current GxP standards whilst adhering to site local rules.
- Identify efficiencies of scheduling, process and operational delivery of work to improve work output.
- Effective scheduling and management of PPM and reactive works.
- Accurate and timely completion of all relevant documentation.
- Escalate Engineering issues likely to impact business operations to the relevant parties.
- Responsible for own health and safety in the workplace and for that of staff in your control, contractors and third parties working under the direction of the role holder.
- Time served apprenticeship in a relevant engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Multi skilled or combination) or a relevant HNC / HND qualification in an Engineering or Technical capacity.
- A current working knowledge of cGxP in an aseptic and laboratory environment.
- Good knowledge of building services, Pharmaceutical facilities and utilities.
- Broad understanding of cGxP relating to engineering functions and operations.
- Good fault finding abilities both electrical and mechanical.
- Experienced and knowledgeable of HVAC systems principle and operations
- Experienced with operating engineering utility services.
- End user focused.
- A strong ability to multi task and prioritise activities.
- Work in a proactive manner to reinforce the efficiency of the department
- Integrate and communicate well with team members and other departments – supportive of other team members and able to “muck in” to get the job done
- Well organised and self-motivated.
- Fine attention to detail.
- To be able to communicate effectively across the business and share knowledge in an open forum.
- An ability to assist in managing small scale project work.
- Flexible attitude to working with teams to suit the business needs.
- The remuneration package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Attractive Pension
- 28 days' holiday plus Bank holidays (pro-rated as applicable)
- Private Health Care
- Health Cashback Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers (provided by Childcare Account)
- Discount Portal (Employee discount & Cashback Scheme)
- Discretionary Share Option Scheme
- Discretionary Sharesave Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme (Operates via Salary exchange)
- Flexible Working
- Public Transport Season Ticket Loans
- Free staff parking
- Large office environment with good employee facilities
- Working conditions at Oxford BioMedica are very good and include:
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free beverages
- Free staff parking
Oxfordshire has a wide range of places to live within commuting distance of Windrush Court in Cowley, Oxford. From rural locations and picturesque villages to busy market towns, with the historic city centre just five miles away, there is something for everyone.
*no agancies please*