Our client is a thriving medical education agency based in Buckinghamshire. Continued growth and success requires them to seek an experienced medical editor to join their friendly team.
Your role will be to provide impeccable editing and proof-reading services to the team over a range of medical education materials in both digital and print formats including slides, speaker briefs, materials to promote meetings etc.
In return you can expect an excellent salary and benefits package including 24 days holidays, pension and bonus will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Undertakes editing of projects to the highest standard, with limited supervision
- Proof-reads and edits the full range of project types that are undertaken
- Is aware of the editorial style required and is able to make documents adhere consistently to the required style
- Highlights areas where there is a need for greater clarity, so that any queries are clear to the writer and the client/author
- Has a strong eye for detail and ensures consistency within and between relevant documents
- Well versed in referencing scientific materials
- Liaises with clients or authors as required to progress activities
- Participates actively in development of the editorial team, supporting the implementation of processes and standards of work across account teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Life Science degree, ideally with a higher degree
- Previous experience of working as an editor in a medical communications agency or a scientific publishing environment
- Excellent copy editing and proof reading skills
- Experienced in marking-up using Word and Adobe
- Experience of editing for scientific integrity as well as flow, syntax, grammar and spelling
- Attention to detail
- Team worker
- Computer savvy – Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Zinc
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.
Apply for Medical Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly