A leading medical communications agency has an opportunity for an Account Director to join their team and be based in their Manchester / Cheshire offices.
The role will involve overseeing the delivery of a portfolio of accounts including meetings, publication and medical affairs, and you will be responsible for ensuring that the clients’ marketing aims and objectives are met. The role will offer a blend of hands on delivery, as well as the management of a team, forecasting and looking at organic growth.
In return you can expect an excellent salary and package of benefits including pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. You would also be working for one of the UK’s largest healthcare communications agencies with all the benefits you would expect with working for a market leading company.
- Commercial strategic direction of 3 client programmes
- Leader and driver of communications strategy & planning meetings for account
- Understand and challenge client product positioning and marketing strategy
- Line management, including the training, development and mentoring of the team
- Responsibility for forecasting, planning and management of account resources
- Sharing ideas and best practice within team and across the business unit
- Overall management and control of account team finances
- Identify and where appropriate follow up opportunities for new business
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Life science degree
- Relevant account management and operational experience within a pharmaceutical or medical communications agency environment with a demonstrable track record of handling brands across the pharmaceutical product lifecycle
- Demonstrable track record of development and delivery of strategic / tactical communications and publications plans
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- A team leader who engenders team spirit
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Problem solving and creative ability
- Previous experience within the following therapeutic areas – rare diseases, dermatology, oncology and neuroscience is an advantage
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.
Apply for Account Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly