Our client is a leading international medical communications agency which has a requirement for a Scientific Director to join their offices in Cheshire, London, Oxford or Glasgow, although some homeworking will be considered.
The Scientific Director will provide scientific expertise and leadership for the editorial team, taking responsibility for the scientific quality of editorial outputs, contributing to compliance with all relevant guidelines, overall editorial resource management, and appropriate training and development of editorial staff. My client would especially like to hear from candidates with experience in neuroscience, oncology or rare diseases.
In return you can expect all the benefits of working for a large international company including bonus, healthcare, life assurance, 25 days holidays, and much more.
- Act as the main point of contact on matters of scientific content and strategic direction for both internal and external stakeholders on specific accounts
- Demonstrate in-depth scientific knowledge in one or more therapy areas, acting as the main point of contact for clients and authors for individual projects, keeping abreast with disease-specific advances, guidelines , competitor activity, and providing a company-level expertise
- Ensure high quality of scientific outputs across all accounts
- Support Editorial Director in ensuring that the standard of writing and reviewing for editorial projects across all accounts is excellent
- Provide account teams with advice and ideas to improve the quality of delivery outputs
- Use extensive editorial and medical communications experience to develop innovative and effective solutions for specific client needs
- Review scientific and strategic content for range of medical communications within an account, according to client needs and agreed specifications, budgets and timeframes
- Provide expert oversight and timely, consistent and constructive feedback to other team members
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of different formats, outputs and publishing processes
- Provide accurate, robust and detailed editorial costings, and review costings for others
- Provide extensive medical communications and in-depth scientific and strategic expertise for new business pitches and proposals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Life science degree preferably higher science degree
- Significant medical communications agency writing and editorial experience
- Extensive experience of writing and reviewing editorial materials
- Direct line management experience in medical communications, including performance review
- Ability to identify scientific and strategic skills gaps and training needs, and provide training where appropriate
- Excellent communications skills (oral, written, presentation)
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.
Apply for Scientific Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly