Medical Writer / Senior Medical Writer - Medical Communications
- Contract Type
Our client is an award winning international medical communications agency who partners with many of the top 20 pharmaceutical clients to create the scientific foundation and clinical communications that support the successful development and launch of their brands. They are seeking an experienced medical writer to join their team in London or Cheshire to work on a range of materials for global accounts.
The Medical Writer / Senior Medical Writer (MW/SMW) will be working closely with client services while creating high-end medical communications pieces that meet client objectives. They will also editing and proofreading a range of different deliverables ensuring that all objectives are met.
In return you will receive an excellent salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes bonus, pension, healthcare and 25 days holidays and much more.
- Ensure that medical copy is scientifically accurate, clear, and meets communication objectives of the client
- Provide suitable original illustrations to accompany text and ensure that permission to use illustrations has been obtained from the publisher/author
- Control a colleague’s work (to check for grammar, spelling and consistency) before it is sent to the client
- Production edit the final draft Check artwork
- Check references to ensure their accuracy and validity
- Prepare submission packs for manuscript submission
- Assist in producing budgets for projects
- Attend scientific meetings (e.g. conferences, roundtable meetings and workshops) to provide on-site support, gather appropriate information (e.g. notes, tape recordings) for communication outputs and, where appropriate, manage faculty members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Degree in a biological or medically related subject, preference for higher degree
- Previous writing experience in a medical communications agency or similar environment
- Well-trained in all forms of medical communications and education
- Ability to provide critical, constructive and timely review of material
- Willingness to mentor more junior colleagues
- Organisational skills and time management
- Good PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Reference Manager/Endnote skills
- Great eye for detail
- Able to work independently, to lead where appropriate on certain projects, and to work and interact as part of the team
- Able to identify and act on business development opportunities
Our client is a network agency that has offices around the world. This offers the opportunity to not only work on projects for your company, but also others in the network. They offer a bespoke training programme to support career development and there is potential to grow your career throughout any of the companies.
For more information or to submit an application for this role, please contact Sabine Willms on 01932 797963 or email@example.com.
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
If you feel that this is not quite the role for you, but are looking for something similar, please feel free to reach out as we would be happy to have a chat.
Apply for Medical Writer / Senior Medical Writer - Medical Communications
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly