Our client is an international medical communications agency which has an opportunity for a medical writer to join their team in Cheshire or London.
The role will involve researching specialised areas of medical science in order to write, edit, and proof-read text for pharmaceutical products as well as working with design and production teams to produce a range of printed and digital materials to meet the needs of clients.
In addition to an excellent salary you will receive a package of benefits including pension, family healthcare, 22 days holiday (rising to 25), pension, season ticket loan and much more. This is a great chance to join a leading agency with all the training and progression benefits that a global organisation can offer.
- Write and edit a range of deliverables including publication manuscripts, slide kits, monographs, newsletters, meeting reports, posters, and other materials that utilise assimilated knowledge of specialized therapeutic area
- Draft and edit work in different writing styles and targeted at different audiences. On all editorial projects, incorporate feedback from editorial colleagues, project team colleagues, clients and independent clinicians.
- Proof-read all editorial work to comply with house style
- Research medical and scientific topics utilizing various information services including in-house reference system, on-line journal subscriptions, libraries, and literature search databases (i.e. Pub Med)
- Assist with tracking and maintaining in-house references within the internal reference database system
- Coordinate with design and production teams, sourcing graphical representations, and contribute ideas for optimizing design and layout of assigned editorial projects
- Attend conferences, scientific symposia, and advisory boards and participate in on-site activities as deemed appropriate
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in life sciences, ideally combined with a Master’s or PhD
- Two years relevant medical writing experience required gained in an agency or pharmaceutical setting
- General computer literacy, proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Multitasking and flexibility
- Team Player
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.
Apply for Medical Writer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly