Medical Editor / Senior Medical Editor
Our client is a successful medical communications agency which has an opportunity for a Medical Editor / Senior Medical Editor to join their growing team in their Cheshire office.
The Medical Editor / Senior Medical Editor will contribute to the development of high quality medical communications materials by delivering a high standard of editing on all assigned projects. You will be working with a diverse range of materials, such as educational slide sets, printed training manuals, meeting materials, scientific publications, website copy and apps. You will be capable of leading the editorial function of the projects, build solid relationships with colleagues and play an important role in the mentoring and development of junior team members.
Our client values their staff and provides excellent career development opportunities. You can also expect a competitive salary and package of benefits including pension, bonus and 25 days holidays.
- Ensure consistency and quality of output through editing and proofreading
- Formatting and styling materials in accordance with the client’s preferred style
- Checking references to ensure their accuracy and validity
- Adapt manuscripts to journal requirements and prepare submission packs for manuscript submission
- Attend scientific, project briefing and client meetings
- Manage specific projects to ensure they are delivered to budget, on time and meet the client’s communication objectives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Life science degree, preferably higher degree
- Previous editing experience gained in a medical communications agency or equivalent setting
- Ability to adapt editing style to different materials and target audiences
- Track changes using Word / Adobe
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word and PowerPoint), including experience of referencing software
- Adept at communicating clearly and collaborating with colleagues
- Highly organised and methodological, with an excellent eye for detail
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.
Apply for Medical Editor / Senior Medical Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly