Associate Medical Writer - Entry Level
- Part Time
Our client is a flourishing medical communications agency based in Cheshire, now seeking an Associate Medical Writer to join their editorial team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving agency and to be able to develop your writing skills under the guidance of industry experts.
In this role, you will be tasked with creating and developing high quality and accurate scientific content that meets their clients’ goals and requirements.
You will be joining a growing editorial team with excellent prospects for career development and progression, along with a great salary and benefits including 25 days holidays and flexible benefits.
- Under guidance, liaise and effectively communicate with clients, external experts, suppliers (where required) and internal team members in the delivery of project work
- Develop outlines and drafts of materials (e.g. publications, slide decks, reports, training materials) according to the project brief, ensuring that all review comments are adequately incorporated and projects are delivered to deadline
- Develop understanding of and keep up-to-date with relevant therapy areas
- Learn process of internal review, QC, styling and copy-editing, and apply to project work ensuring that final versions are approved by the required personnel
- As part of a broader team, support onsite client meetings activities (e.g. symposia, advisory boards, congresses, client–agency meetings)
- Learn and demonstrate knowledge of key industry guidelines (e.g. Good Publication Practice 3, ABPI, PhRMA, CONSORT, client-specific)
- Attend internal brainstorms
- Attend internal and client-led training sessions on an as-needed basis to ensure development of core skills and competencies
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- You will have a PhD and a very good life science degree
- Previous writing experience would be desirable but is not a must
- Excellent English language and grammatical skills
- Good attention to detail
- Effective team working
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to get started in medical communications as a writer; if you fit the criteria and are seeking a rewarding career as a medical writer then contact us today.
For more information or to submit an application for this role, please contact Faiza Ahmed on 01932 797999 or Faiza.firstname.lastname@example.org.
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
If you feel that this is not quite the role for you, but are looking for something similar, please feel free to reach out as we would be happy to have a chat.
Apply for Associate Medical Writer - Entry Level
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly