Clinical Trial Manager - Oxford (Oncology)
- Clinical Research, Clinical Administrator, Clinical Project Manager, Clinical Research Associate, Clinical Research Nurse, Clinical Services, Clinical Supplies, Clinical Trials Manager / Administrator, Drug Safety, Feasibility, Pharmacoeconomics, Pharmacovigilance, Study Site Coordinator, Study Start Up, Data Management / Statistics, Clinical Data Management, Informatics, Statistics, Medical Affairs, Medical Advisor, Project Management, R & D Project Management, Quality, QA / QC, Quality Validation Engineer, R & D , Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pre - clinical, Scientific, Regulatory Affairs, Sales / Commercial, Sales
Position: Clinical Trial Manager
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Reporting Into: Head of Global Clinical Operations
Salary / Benefits: Competitive
Employment Contract: Full time, permanent
Are you fed up of working for a large organisation? Do you want to make a direct impact to the company’s goals? Do you want to work on ground breaking technology? If so, then this opportunity is PERFECT!
My team and I are currently working with a key client of ours, who wishes to appoint a Clinical Trials Manager (CTM). Our client is a dynamic and fast growing company with an approved product already on the market in the USA and in Europe. This position is fundamental to the efficient execution of trials and supports overall compliance with Good Clinical Practices and company Standard Operating Procedures. The CTM will be leading combined study teams ensuring effective cross-functional teamwork among team members including both internal and external stakeholders.
Benefits behind the Opportunity
- Global exposure across the US & Europe
- Lead cross functional study delivery teams
- Work closely with the CSO & head of Clinical Operations gaining vital experience along the way!
- Unrivalled career progression
- Highly competitive benefits package & remuneration
- Work on ground breaking, life changing Technology within the field of Oncology
- Lead combined study team(s) ensuring effective cross-functional teamwork among team members including both internal and external stakeholders. Depending on size and scope of trial(s), this duty may be performed in collaboration with a Head of Clinical Operations and/or Program Director.
- Per SOPs, implement and monitor progress against project plans and revise as necessary. Create and manage variance to required project plans
- Tracking and reporting on trial progress: Understand the trial delivery strategy, costing assumptions and resulting budget for assigned trial(s) in order to manage vendors.
- Monitor trial assumptions, schedule and costs to ensure all remain on track with the contract.
- Proactively lead both quality control and risk assurance activities to ensure trial deliverables are achieved.
- Aid in development and maintenance of key project performance indicators and Quality Tolerance Limits for specified metrics, ensuring that the QTLs are maintained and KPIs are met.
- Aid Head of Clinical Operations to define and manage trial resource needs and establish succession plans for key resources.
- Act as primary point of sponsor contact for sites and CROs. Escalate issues as needed to appropriate stakeholders.
Essential Experience Required:
- Candidates must have trial management experience (international clinical trial management experience preferred) in the pharmaceutical or CRO industry.
- Working knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of project management processes.
- Experience managing trials in a virtual environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities and to utilize resources effectively.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language
- Ability to work independently.
- Good computer skills with good working knowledge of a range of computer programs.
- Eligible to work within the UK.
- Clinical Trial document writing including protocol writing
- Site Monitoring
- Experience of site feasibility and study start up activities
- Oncology therapy area experience
For more information, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly!
+44 1293 77 66 44
Direct: +44 1293 30 08 41
Barrington James is a uniquely successful specialist life science recruitment company and has recently been recognised as a BEST COMPANY To Work For by the Sunday Times. It has enjoyed an exceptional growth trajectory since its launch in 2002, and is now established in the heartlands of the international pharma, medical devices and healthcare industry with consultant staff already approaching 140, and planned to be 180 by the end of 2017.
Recruitment companies succeed by matching the specific needs of clients with the true capabilities of candidates. We believe there are 2 reasons for our outstanding performance over the past decade, which benefit our clients and our candidates equally; People & Knowledge Barrington James’ exceptional people and their depth of experience are ready to work for you, now.