Instrument & Calibration Technician
- Contract Type
Our recent successes are driving significant growth. We employ more than 320 people at our current facilities in Oxford and we are planning for further headcount growth over the coming years to facilitate the increased demand for our technology and manufacturing capacity. We are also planning expansion to our facilities to accommodate additional partners and support ongoing technology development.
If this is something you want to be a part of we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity to strengthen our Engineering team and we are looking to fill 3 full time positions of Instrument and Maintenance Technician at Windrush Court, Oxford.
To execute all aspects of instrument maintenance/service and calibration activities across all process and analytical functions at Oxford BioMedica, ensuring all implemented systems and operations align with industry best practice
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure all instruments and systems are assessed, identified, maintained and calibrated in line with policy and procedure.
- Organise and perform calibration activities across the organisations manufacturing and Laboratory facilities.
- Provide first line response to attend instrument and equipment failures and liaise with OEM where applicable to determine fault and rectification.
- Complete required documentation and manage in a structured way to ensure traceability and retrievability.
- Perform assessments of new instruments and systems to determine requirements for calibration, including frequency, calibration range and tolerances.
- Implement calibration strategies and procedures to ensure all instrumentation and systems are managed appropriately and in line with regulatory expectations.
- Supervise external service and calibration contractors and review work activities.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for all activities relating to instrumentation maintenance and calibration and represent the organisation during regulatory and customer audits.
- Take responsibility for distributed monitoring systems in process and analytical functions.
- Work closely with all relevant departments to develop specifications and define requirements for new process and analytical equipment.
- Improve equipment and system performance by developing and implementing improvement ideas.
- Provide support and expert guidance to other technical departments as required.
- Complete all quality documentation ensuring all actions and activities are completed in the shortest possible time and the quality records are closed out within their due dates.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators and provide and present reports to management.
- Work with all other departments within OXB to organise and plan for work to be undertaken.
- Communicate effectively with the other areas of the engineering department and all other OXB departments.
Qualifications and Experience
- HNC/HND Electrical/Electronic engineering, or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of GxP and working in a pharmaceutical process and analytical environment.
- Excellent knowledge of instrument maintenance and calibration practices in Pharma process and analytical environments.
No agencies please