Genome Editing Principal Scientist
- Contract Type
Our recent successes are driving significant growth. We employ more than 420 people at our current facilities in Oxford and we are planning for further headcount growth over the coming years to facilitate the increased demand for our technology and manufacturing capacity. We are also planning expansion to our facilities to accommodate additional partners and support ongoing technology development.
Profile of Role
Oxford BioMedica’s Cell Engineering Group (CEG) is part of the Platform Research Department. CEG is involved in the development of stable lentiviral vector packaging and producer cell lines. The CEG is recruiting a highly motivated Scientist with genome editing experience to lead a small genome editing group with the engineering of cell lines.
The successful candidates will be involved in:
- Leading and managing a small team
- Development of cell lines using different genome-editing technologies.
- Characterisation of resulting cell lines
- An automated platform for the high throughput selection and screening of cell lines
- Other activities within the Platform Research Department
- Management of team members
- Genome editing procedures e.g. CRISPR/Cas, ZNC, TALEN
- Extensive cell culture
- Molecular biology techniques
- Lentiviral analytics
- Organisation of parallel projects/activities
- Support other members of both the CEG team and wider Platform Research Department as required
- Post-doctoral/Industry experience in a relevant Biological Science subject
- Line management experience is essential
- Expertise in genome editing technologies is essential
- Knowledge in Virology and/or cell line development would be an advantage
- Ability to work independently and as part of a hard-working, motivated and enthusiastic team
- Extensive mammalian cell culture experience
- Demonstrable excellent lab-based skills
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate others
- Ability to demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing and bioinformatics would be an advantage
- Experience working in a commercial/industry setting is preferred
- Experience with cell culture automation systems would be an advantage
- Good intuition & problem solving skills
- If this is something you want to be a part of we’d love to hear from you.
No agencies please