Quality Assurance Releaser Pharmacist
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
The ideal candidate will take responsibility for the completion, review and release of manufacturing products. They will provide technical skills and knowledge for all aspects of the unit activities, including aseptic compounding, facility and equipment management in line with MHRA Manufacturing Licence and Quality System requirements. This is a permanent position based at our Croydon site.
• Managing the daily workload adhering to quality requirements
• Accountable for Product and Service quality
• Process Improvement
• Advising and directing production team
• Sharing knowledge
• Building internal and external relationships
• Planning and implementing change
• Good and timely decision making
• Pharmaceutical and stability evaluation of orders
• Clarifying customer requirements
• Feedback to data entry staff
• Maintain ASCURA Master files
• Maintain KPI logs up-to-date
• Communication of new information and changes to team
• Working in partnership with the Training Supervisor to assist training of the technical staff as required for instance Releaser’s qualification
• Participate and or Lead Self Inspections and Patrol and weekly checklist audits
Skills and Experience
• Pharmacy Degree
• Membership with the General Pharmaceutical Council.
• Good understanding of the Regulatory requirements involving pharmaceutical manufacture. Specials licence requirements and compounding/aseptic process experience is desirable.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a timely manner with all members of the unit
• Ability to read, interpret and transcribe data accurately
• Acts with customers in mind
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.