- Contract Type
The role of the production planner is to ensure the accurate execution of the production schedule in order to meet customer requirements and service targets. The planner will be responsible for using our MRP system to anticipate material requirements for Production.
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate. Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation. Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
- Issuing of a daily production schedule and checking material availability against schedule.
- Addressing MRP exceptions from QAD/EBR.
- Releasing production orders and reviewing Production schedules with manufacturing management.
- Issuing acknowledgement dates to customer service personnel/ order entry for customer orders.
- Issuing weekly capacity reports, detailing lead-times to all relevant staff and advising the Manufacturing management of extra shifts and overtime required to meet customer demand.
- Lead or take part in CI projects in the Production Planning and Scheduling area that improve the business OP.
- Communicate all schedule changes to Production and Material handlers to ensure correct flow of material.
- Attend daily production meeting. Liaise with Production personnel daily to optimise run time.
- Negotiate additional or revised production capacity with Production in order to accommodate urgent customer requests. Maximise common resources between bottlenecks.
- Develop clear weekly capacity reports for manufacturing to support goals of on time complete and report out on schedule adherence for product group responsibility.
- Reduce inventory days in line with company targets.
- OSMI Management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to information.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with limited supervision.
- Positive mental attitude and ability to perform a multitude of tasks simultaneously with a helpful, friendly attitude.
- Proven analytical thinking, results orientation and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to maintain professionalism while demonstrating tact and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills in handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously with high attention to details and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of contacts from corporate to manufacturing employees – both oral and written.
- Drives a high performing culture and Continuous Improvement.
- Adapts a flexible approach.
- Third Level Qualification at Degree level or higher.
- Working knowledge of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Systems.
- Three years’ experience in a Production planning role within a high