Principal Translational Scientist – Australia – relocation provided
- Provide scientific and operational leadership within small molecule drug discovery projects
- Lead a team to plan, execute and analyse in vitro and in vivo work packages in accordance with project plans for evaluating novel drug targets, including screening activities from hit identification to lead optimization as well as mechanism of action studies and proof-of-concept studies
- Project leadership to actively drive and manage the ongoing planning, experiments and data analysis, ensuring scientific excellence and industrial rigour to the projects
- Directly supports multiple projects by defining and executing biological research to inform pivotal decision points and to maximize asset value
- Identify new therapeutic opportunities, and select the optimal biology strategy for new programs
- Think strategically about drug development and drive innovative solutions to key biological challenges across the company, contribute scientific and technical expertise to multiple project teams
- Manage external CROs to support screening and mode of actions activities
- Manage other scientists as direct reports within the department May assist and contribute to the safety and toxicological profiling of lead compounds based on an understanding of the target class and therapeutic landscape
- PhD or MSc or equivalent in biology or a related discipline with 10+ years’ experience in drug discovery/development setting and have 5+ years of relevant industrial experience.
- A proven ability to develop, validate and perform relevant assays or studies and systems for compound evaluation across a range of assay modalities at industry standard.
- Demonstrated understanding of the drug discovery process
- Demonstrated understanding of the competitive environment of a target and disease, including the clinical standard of care and integrates this understanding into the project to achieve a differentiated product addressing unmet clinical need
- Takes responsibility for the management of CROs relevant to QEDDI Biology
- As a senior member of a project team, leads the interpretation of biological data, such as in vitro, in vivo , ADME-PK and pharmacology within a project team
- Excellent understanding of the in vitro and in vivo biology, assays and pharmacology relevant to projects and able to converse with all members of the project team (medicinal chemists, ADME-T scientists etc.)
- Experience working in projects across different target classes and/or a range of therapeutic areas
- Successful track record within drug discovery projects and demonstrated capacity to achieve specific project milestones
- Uses broad scientific knowledge, within and outside own discipline, to independently resolve research problems with occasional assistance from line manager or other team members to meet internal and project deadlines
Want to find out more and APPLY NOW?
This opportunity has understandably been incredibly popular. We encourage all interested candidates to apply without delay as it is likely that recruitment will close prematurely. Please direct all questions (if necessary) to “Chris” at (at) barringtonjames (dot) com alongside a copy of your CV.