Senior Web Developer
The Developer will lead the creation of highly-customized WordPress websites as well 3rd party plugin evaluation and implementation. Other areas of responsibility will include ensuring ongoing maintenance of content management system environments, and website security (including administration, maintenance, and technical support of custom websites.) The ideal candidate is a go-getter, a practitioner, and a natural leader. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about web technology, he or she should be comfortable working alongside the team and delegating tasks as necessary. The developer should be comfortable working with a development agency and delegating development tasks as needed. Most importantly, the developer will focus on delivering projects in scope and on time.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Ensuring uptime through alerts/uptime monitoring, and server availability with web host
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive designs for all web properties and pages
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 5+ Advanced experience installing, manipulating, and customizing WordPress and themes
- Extensive experience taking a design and turning it into a working webpage/website
- ?Comfortable adding/troubleshooting/editing various WordPress plugins
- Ability to work with/create hard-coded non-WordPress sites
- Server management experience with tools and processes such as PHPMyAdmin, and DNS
- Experience working with WPEngine web host a plus
- Strong knowledge of SEO principles relevant to website development
- ?Always working towards code optimization and performance improvements
- ?Passionate about writing beautiful, clean, and well commented code
- Have an online portfolio of demonstrated work or verifiable links to current work
- Proficiency with the WordPress Coding Standards, approaches and common APIs
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Comfortable with Google Analytics
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and leadership in project planning and updates
- Reporting and analytics: Experience capturing and reporting on such trends as site search keywords, traffic trends and spikes/declines, url count, and server side statistics (bandwith usage, disk space usage, etc).
- Working with our SEO lead help with setting up Google Analytics report building and any technical coding and report creation.
- Bachelors Degree or relevant work experience
- Knowledge in MS Office (Excel primarily)
- Business level English mandatory.
- Desirable: Knowledge of Salesforce.com, Previous Data administrator experience
- Business level English mandatory
- Proven ability to prioritize, work independently within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail