- Contract Type
The evolution of the Procurement operating model has created the need for a strong Procurement Service Delivery Lead to continue the transformation and sustain the function. In particular, there is a growing requirement to have clear accountability for the oversight and management of the Procurement Business Process Outsourcing (‘BPO’) provider and drive effective integration between the Category Management team, Business Services and the BPO.
The Procurement Transformation & Delivery Lead will monitor and oversee the delivery of a robust procurement framework of policy and procedures and work collaboratively with Business Services colleagues to ensure complementary activities across both areas resulting in increasing procurement maturity and business value.
This role is accountable for driving the BPO to meet its contractual commitments and achieve the business expectations and benefits of the services.
The role requires a strong capability in stakeholder management and influencing skills, and the ability to manage relations across multiple areas.
This role will have the following duties:
- Own the operating framework for EMEA procurement
- Ensure BPO operational service delivery and service support meets customer requirements by driving BPO delivery against contractual and business commitments
- Act as point of escalation for performance-related issues of the BPO
- Drive effective BPO service delivery through effective Contract and vendor management, financial and performance management, including ownership of internal stakeholder management for any investment approval and implementation planning
- Create and maintain effective governance procedures and processes to ensure compliant procurement in-region
- Develop the procurement balanced scorecard and distribution to business-wide audience
- Lead the compilation and intelligent critique of procurement-related reporting
- Proactively integrate activity development plans with BPO to complement company procurement transformation
- Act as the Solvency subject matter expert for EMEA
- Act as System Owner and Administrator for Procurement-owned systems
- Support the implementation of service improvements and transition to effective BAU
- Act as a point of escalation/notification within Procurement function for issue and risk management related to the services
- Maximise the capabilities of Ariba and deliver improved supplier and content enablement
- Ensure effective governance of Procurement systems third party suppliers (e.g. Ariba, Aravo, GEP)
- Act as regional owner of Procurement-led data such as Taxonomies
Office based in Surrey, United Kingdom
Competitive plus benefits
ABOUT PLANET PHARMA
Planet Pharma is an American parented Employment Business/Agency that provides global staffing services with its head-quarters in Chicago and our EMEA regional office located in Central London. We have invested significantly in creating a robust international platform that enables us to work compliantly in 30+ countries with a current network of 2500+ active contractors globally as well as a very strong permanent / direct hire recruitment offering.
Our specialist knowledge and close relationships with our clients and the wider industry really makes us unique in our field. Just recently we were recognised by FORBES as the 17th best professional staffing firm, and have won multiple awards from industry accredited bodies for our commitment to excellence and service delivery. We have extensive functional expertise including: Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, QA, QC, Submissions experts, Clinical development, Quality, Biostatistics, and Medical Affairs / Writing.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy further or to discuss your career options in confidence, please telephone Sam Chapple on +44 (0)203 868 8607 or e-mail on email@example.com
If this role isn’t suitable for you, please let us know if you can refer anyone – any recommendations are much appreciated! Planet Pharma offers a competitive referral scheme so you will be rewarded for your help!