- Medical Communications
Medical Editor – Medical Communications
Summary / Heading
A leading global MedComms agency is looking for an Editor to join their growing editorial team to work across a variety of materials and therapy areas including immunology, cardiology and neurology, supporting the writers and writing managers in the development and review of medical education programmes.
You will be using effective editing and proofreading skills gained within a previous role to edit scientific copy, apply correct styles and check spelling and grammar, and then utilise excellent verbal and written communication skills to work closely with the authors and clients to ensure the highest quality copy is developed.
This is a brilliant opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of a team working across a whole variety of materials and therapy areas in one of the leading global MedComms agencies.
Salary (If applicable)
£30k-£35k per annum (dependent on level)
Role / Description
Main Job Responsibilities:
• Working to develop medical communication materials and publications.
• Liaising confidently with internal and external stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered to the highest quality.
• Working closely within the editing team but also on own initiative.
• Research and fact-checking, including checking work against source materials.
• Continuously developing scientific knowledge.
• Adapting writing and editing style for different audiences and for a range of print and digital media, including websites, apps, animations, medical images, events materials and slides.
• BSc qualification (Life Sciences).
• Previous editing experience in a medical communications agency or scientific publishing house.
• Experience reviewing and editing the work of others.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Experience of working well under pressure.
• High level of organisation and time-management.
• Pro-active and enthusiastic.
Agency Statement / USP / Link / Contact Details
Clinical Professionals are the leading pharmaceutical staffing consultancy in Europe. We are the agency of choice for medical communications professionals as we are the most knowledgeable recruiters within our specialist sectors and receive the highest number of jobs across the UK of all agencies – therefore you can leave your job search and career guidance safely in our hands alone! Our expert consultants and resourcers have been working in the medical communications market for a number of years and understand the nuances of this sector, so can give tailored advice for YOU and outstanding levels of service throughout your career. We also have great relationships with our clients so pride ourselves on being able to identify clients that may be the perfect ‘fit’ for you and bring you to their attention. By working proactively with candidates we find you the RIGHT job at the RIGHT time.
Application Details / Email link plus contact details
To apply for this role please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 01189 522792. www.clinicalprofessionals.co.uk