- Contract Type
On behalf of our client, a global healthcare company, we have an exciting vacancy available for an EHS Manager to join their team!
In this role you will be involved with developing and administering facility Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) programs in accordance with regulatory requirements and corporate policies, standards, procedures and objectives. Direct facility activities to minimize company liability and promote sustainability.
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate.
- Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation.
- Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
- Lead the development, implementation and continual enhancement of the Company EHS Management System at the facility.
- Lead EHS planning at the facility, including the setting of goals, prioritizing facility needs and establishing adequate systems for performance review and improvement.
- Assist department managers, supervisors and employees with implementation of creative approaches to improve safety, minimize environmental footprint and liability, and implement EHS initiatives.
- Conduct and /or coordinate EHS inspections and assessments to assure compliance with regulatory requirements, the Company EHS initiatives and Key Performance Measures (KPM) expectations, identify opportunities for improvement, and provide recommendations based on findings.
- Provide progress reports to corporate and facility management and facility employees relative to EHS goals, metrics and other performance indicators
- Coordinate resources to ensure EHS aspects and requirements, including legal requirements as contained in codes, laws, permits, licenses, orders, etc., affecting the facility are fully understood and properly managed.
- Procure and maintain records, data, or information necessary to: prepare internally or externally required reports; respond to agency requests; and verify compliance with EHS requirements.
- Provide recommendations and ensure proper follow up and resolution of all concerns identified through assessments, inspections, monitoring activities or other means.
- Evaluate new materials and material use to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, promote a safe work environment and protect the environment.
- Work with engineering in the design and installation of new or altered equipment or processes with the goal of eliminating or reducing safety hazards and environmental impact
- Lead the facility in promoting and implementing a high performance EHS culture.
- Plan, develop, deliver, and coordinate effective EHS training to all facility employees, temporary workers, contractors, and visitors to promote a strong EHS culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Will include participating in special projects as identified.
- A Bachelor’s degree in EHS or engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years Manufacturing experience
- Able to demonstrate suitable EHS experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to comprehend other software programs outside of Microsoft.
If you are interested in applying for this role please call Nicola on +353 1 2784671 or email email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com