Production Supervisor, Dublin (IE)
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising Production activities in a compounding unit. The Production supervisor will work to ensure that the Quality and EHS requirements.of Baxter are maintained on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
The Production Supervisor is responsible and accountable for the following activities:
- Supporting production operations on a daily basis to meet our commitments to customers.
- Providing direction to Shift leads carrying out their daily tasks,
- Monitoring compounding unit activities to ensure compliance with Baxter policies/ procedures and cGMP.
- In conjunction with the Production Manager, Planning and organisation of resources in line with the operational plan for the compounding unit.
- Facilitating best use of unit resources to the various unit functions (e.g. preparation, compounding, checking, labelling, training, QMS etc.)
- Support staff training and development while ensuring that training is completed in a timely manner and that training records are properly maintained.
- Supports all people management activities – , performance management, development, training in accordance with Baxter’s leadership standards.
- Organization of holidays and overtime
- Support Non Conformances and CAPAs assigned under production responsibility. Support investigation and the identification and implementation of corrective action.
- Assist in the introduction of New Products and Process Change Controls
- Support Preparation of Production KPI’s – Stock control, Schedule compliance and Financial Reports.
- Organisation and co-ordination of the environmental monitoring activities in conjunction with micro-laboratory
- Organisation and co-ordination of calibration and maintenance activities in conjunction with Technical Services.
- Stock checks of manufactured product to ensure that product is accurately reconciled with production and dispatch records and to identify and discard expired stock
- Ensuring that housekeeping is carried out in accordance with cleaning procedures and schedules
- Review and update of production procedures and in the introduction of new procedures as appropriate.
- Support procurement and inventory management team to ensure regular stock checks of raw materials and goods are performed and that adequate stock levels are maintained to meet production requirements
- Support Integration activities and projects/ tasks as assigned
- As required, undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility outlined above.
- Compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Distribution Practices (GDP), as applicable
- Compliance to Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requirements
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in a science/healthcare/Technology is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ manufacture experience is essential
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a team lead / supervisor role
- GMP manufacturing environment experience is necessary
- Knowledge of GMPs in a sterile manufacturing environment
What we offer
This is a challenging opportunity and a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people across various countries in Europe and beyond. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
You will be involved in exciting commercial projects which will make a difference to both the company and patients. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you.
To find out more about working at Baxter, go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY89yj_zSIo
Who we are
Do you want to learn more about our business? Go to http://www.baxter.com/inside-baxter/about/overview/corporate.page?
Baxter touches millions of lives every day. Our products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide. You’ll find us in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on Baxter for lifesaving renal and medical products.
Our mission to save and sustain lives inspires our work and our commitment to expanding access to care, providing cost-effective healthcare solutions, delivering quality products and advancing innovations for the world.
Our 50,000 employees serve patients and clinicians in more than 100 countries and are dedicated to ensuring Baxter is there when patients need care.
Our inclusive culture and a diverse workforce drives innovation, creates trusted partnerships with customers, suppliers, and community partners, and contributes to the success and sustainability of our business.
Equal Opportunity Employer Discrimination: Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.