Strategic Key Account Manager (Joint Ventures) - North
Who we are:
Baxter touches millions of lives every day. Our products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide. You’ll find us in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on Baxter for lifesaving renal and medical products.
Our mission to save and sustain lives inspires our work and our commitment to expanding access to care, providing cost-effective healthcare solutions, delivering quality products and advancing innovations for the world.
Our 50,000 employees serve patients and clinicians in more than 100 countries and are dedicated to ensuring Baxter is there when patients need care. Our inclusive culture and a diverse workforce drives innovation, creates trusted partnerships with customers, suppliers, and community partners, and contributes to the success and sustainability of our business.
For the opportunity to join us at an exciting period of growth and to join a diverse team that you can truly learn from, please read on.
You will be accountable for the strategic management of 3 long term partner accounts, seeking business opportunities to extend the scope of the compounding contracts, management of contracts and P&L.
You will be the lead on tender submissions for the partner sites and any Homecare tenders for compounded products. Collaborating with the Unit Management Teams and Trusts to develop, cost and implement new service models, which reflect the changing needs of patients and clinical practices
- Act as an ambassador for Baxter within long term partner sites
- Contract management of three long term managed service accounts with annualized revenue in excess of $65M
- P&L responsibility for the three contracts
- Attend regular contract KPI and management review meetings with Chief Pharmacist and Trust Management Team as required
- Conduct annual drug price benchmarking and service pricing reviews
- Work closely with the Baxter Unit Management Team to support compliance with contracted service levels
- Collaborate with the Unit Management Teams and Trusts to develop, cost and implement new service models which reflect the changing needs of patients and clinical practices
- Escalation point for issue resolution in case performance challenges or service breach
- Leverage close working relationships with the Trusts to gain market insights and understanding of NHS activity both locally, regionally and nationally
- Seek opportunity to extend the scope of the compounding contract through support of new programmes e.g. Homecare or OPAT or through collaborative discussion with other NHS trusts in the region
- Identify innovative solutions that reduce cost of service and grow profitability
- Work with Market Access and Marketing teams to identify profitable expansion opportunities for the managed service model
- Lead on specified business development projects
- KOL development
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred (Science, Commercial, Medical)
- 7 to 10 years operational Sales & Marketing experience in a healthcare company
- 2 to 5 years experience leading a team
What we offer
We encourage our employees to develop their skills to meet the demands of an ever-changing work environment, providing them with opportunities - such as training, mentorship programs and other development opportunities - to achieve personal and professional goals that will make them valued contributors throughout their careers. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you. We are also committed to enhancing opportunities for flexible working arrangements, compatibly with the position and responsibilities.
Every day at Baxter is a chance to save and sustain people's lives.
Equal Opportunity Employer Discrimination: Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.