Senior Electronics Engineer
We’re seeking an experienced electronics engineer to support the development of our current and next generation of smart inhalation devices. You’ll work closely with our medical devices design and development team to develop and implement the electronics components integrated in our drug device combination products
You’re skills and expertise will ensure medical devices meet the specified requirements, project timelines and budgets. You’ll manage external partners and suppliers so that all deliveries meet requirements and timelines.
Other key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Design of medical device electronics including Health connectivity functions for our smart inhaler devices
- Generation of the design history file including design input requirements and electronic product specifications
- Development of the design input requirements and specifications within cross functional teams and communicate to stakeholders within Vectura
- Development and implementation of electronic for medical devices integrated in drug device combination products
- Coordination of external electronic development partners to ensure requirements and timeline
- Collaborate with your colleagues and take responsible for management of the electronic design, testing and documentation of the design output and electronic validation documentation.
- Implementation of device electronic into production in collaboration with the industrialisation team including process validation for device variants
- Selection and management of external design partners and suppliers
- Definition and implementation of electronic development standards and improvement of electronic development life cycle
What you need
You’ll have a proven electronics engineering background with a degree in engineering or related disciplines and a huge interest in telemedicine and software disease management.
- Demonstrable expertise and experience within different electronic development- and test methods
- Experience in professional PCB and electronic design automation software tool (Altium Designer).
- Proven expertise in the development of medical device would be a huge plus
- Experience in development of functional and innovative product solutions for the treatment of respiratory diseases by considering regulatory, patient-specific and economical aspects
- Expertise to lead the design process of medical devices, including documentation, verification and validation.
- Excellent understanding of technologies and transfer to production
- Knowledge how to achieve standards and guidelines DIN EN 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment, EN ISO 14971 -Medical Devices - Risk Management, DIN EN ISO 13485 - Medical Devices / Quality Management
What you get
Our workplace culture encourages a diverse and inclusive work force. We offer flexible working opportunities that promote a healthy work life balance. We nurture our people through vocational & leadership development, mentoring programmes and career development.
In return for your skills and expertise, we offer a competitive base salary, annual bonus and generous benefits package including a pension plan, life assurance, private health, dental plan, share save/incentive schemes, cycle to work scheme and free parking.
We are global leaders in the development of innovative formulations and devices for inhaled medical products and our specialist technologies helped over seven million patients in 2017. Working collaboratively, we combine technical, engineering, clinical and regulatory expertise to design, develop, industrialise and deliver a unique range of innovative products, from smart nebuliser technologies to innovative formulations.
With a healthy pipeline of new products in development, as well as partnerships with major international pharma companies, it an exciting time to join, You will find it’s an ideal place to develop a stimulating and rewarding career.
To find out more about the role, Vectura and to apply online, click on the Apply button. Application closing date 15/02/2019.