Clinical Services Advisor (Scotland) - NCR
Novella Clinical Resourcing, a Quintiles company, is a full service, Global recruitment agency with European headquarters in Stevenage, UK. We are recruiting for a Medical Device client who is looking to expand their Open Surgical R&D team.
Our client is looking to add an industry experienced textiles engineer who is looking to use their experience to help design and develop cardiovascular and surgical graft devices.
Responsible for the Engineering Design and Development of Products in accordance with all relevant procedures and for providing input and direction on specific technical issues.
Work towards meeting quality objectives as stated in quality system as applicable.
- As part of Development team, reports to and works under daily supervision of Leader R&D Polyester Grafts Research Group.
- Expected to provide direction on specific technical issues and expected to deputise for Project Leaders, R&D Manager -Surgical Grafts
- Frequent liaison at all levels throughout the Company up to and including the President & CEO.
- Deputised by Leader R&D Polyester Grafts Research Group.
Key Duties include
- Design File maintenance
- Coaching & mentoring junior staff
- Patent generation & protection
- Development of protocols for Fatigue & strain analysis (FEA)
- Material selection
- Supplier sourcing
- Customer liaising
- Risk Analysis (inc. FMEA)
- Procedures development
- Transfer of process & product to Manufacture
- Knowledge transfer: Manufacturing, QC, Clinical, Marketing
- Engineering support at implant
- Participate in Feasibility process – Innovation of new ideas & Evaluation of concepts
- Problem solving
- Process development
- Assess feasibility of textile and ePTFE graft innovations to support pipeline and OEM.
- Support any continuous improvement efforts for the textile and ePTFE processes.
- Support any textile and ePTFE OEM developments as identified by the OEM team.
- Test development (Test protocols)
- Tooling development
- Verification & Validation
- Report writing
- Working to relevant quality standards
- Generation of Engineering Drawings (3D Solid Edge)
- Generation of Bills of Materials
- Customer returns – Investigations
- Liaising with other relevant departments
- Qualification and Experience required –
- Textiles Graduate or graduate with relevant textile development experience
- Strong relevant experience ideally with medical textiles.
- Proven ability with component design & development.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Clear and efficient communication skills.
- Planning & organising skills with ability to work to deadlines. (Use of MS Project)
- Effective decision maker
- Effective presentation skills (MS Powerpoint)
- Ability to document work in line with Design Control & Quality systems including FMEA