Country Manager - UK
- Contract Type
RBW Consulting is exclusively supporting one of the most established brands in the Ophthalmic space Staar Surgical. Their unique and revolutionary Implantable Collamer Lens, EVO is the new generation in vision correction that provides Visual FreedomTM to patients suffering from near-sightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
Due to their continued success in the market internationally, Staar Surgical are now creating a new UK group whose primary objective is to become an established and top performing Commercial region within the global organisation.
In this newly created function, we are now looking to identify a ‘Country Manager – UK’ who will be the Senior Leader responsible for the creation of the UK office. Through the establishment of the UK group, the ‘Country Manager – UK’ key objective is to create, lead and implement a commercial strategy with the overall aim of making the UK a top 10 region within the global organisation.
- Develop, present and implement midterm business plan to drive accelerated growth
- Build, develop and inject high level motivation to team to effectively meet and overachieve accelerated growth plan
- Build and implement a Key Opinion leader concept to drive clinical and business messages for existing and future technologies
- Develop strategic training plan for surgeons and surgeon staff which supports accelerated growth plan
- Engage with key customers to develop a partnership program at a business level. Define and implement business program to collaborate with national and regional chains
- In coordination with global / regional Marketing, build communication plan to increase patient awareness to drive business growth in major clinics.
- Management of P&L according to defined annual targets, regular reporting at regional and global level
- Regular review of procedures to improve efficiencies and assure incorporation of updates. Ensure compliance with local and global STAAR policies.
- Implement a Clinical strategy in coordination with our Clinical Department, to further strengthen proof of STAAR technology and technology positioning in the market
- Recruit, lead and develop staff of UK group
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Must have a demonstrated background working within the Ophthalmic market specifically within the UK & Ireland
- Proven experience in a leadership role within the Ophthalmic space is a must
- A high degree of knowledge and experience working in the refractive segment
- Ideally skilled at building organisations and teams from scratch
- Commercial skills in Online Marketing, marketing and sales management would beneficial
- Can work office based in either London or Manchester (possible flexibility on location for the successful candidate)
- Passionate, driven and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills