Electrical Support Engineer (Liverpool, UK)
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Electrical and Mechanical Support Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Electrical and Mechanical Support Engineer to join our team in Liverpool. You will be responsible for troubleshooting, fault-finding and resolution-to-cause related activities for the engineering department.
You will need experience of Steam generation, water purification, and effluent treatment.
- Trouble shooting, fault finding & resolution to root cause of electrical systems and automated control systems, plant and equipment
- Support root-cause resolution of mechanical engineering related processes
- Co-ordination of work taken on by third party contractors
- Planning and execution of reactive maintenance to support operations success
- Planning and execution of preventative and predictive maintenance in order to improve the reliability of processes, plant and equipment
- Heavy focus on reliability of plant and equipment, working relentlessly to ensure that plant availability & OEE metrics are continuously improved
- Availability to cover on call weekend based on shift rotation
- Fully supporting “Operational Success”, providing a strategy for 24 hour maintenance cover
- Electro-mechanical engineering background supported by a technical qualification (e.g. ONC/HNC)
- Hands-on multi-skilled engineer maintaining critical systems related plant and equipment
- PLC problem solving experience (including software)
- Experience of installation of new plant and equipment
What we offer
This is a challenging opportunity and a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people across various countries in Europe and beyond. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from!
You will be involved in exciting commercial projects which will make a difference to both the company and patients. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you.
To find out more about working at Baxter, go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY89yj_zSIo
Who we are
Do you want to learn more about our business? Go to http://www.baxter.com/inside-baxter/about/overview/corporate.page?
Baxter touches millions of lives every day. Our products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide. You’ll find us in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on Baxter for lifesaving renal and medical products.
Our mission to save and sustain lives inspires our work and our commitment to expanding access to care, providing cost-effective healthcare solutions, delivering quality products and advancing innovations for the world.
Our 50,000 employees serve patients and clinicians in more than 100 countries and are dedicated to ensuring Baxter is there when patients need care.
Our inclusive culture and a diverse workforce drives innovation, creates trusted partnerships with customers, suppliers, and community partners, and contributes to the success and sustainability of our business.
Equal Opportunity Employer Discrimination: Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Apply for Electrical Support Engineer (Liverpool, UK)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly