Senior Scientist (Virology), Design and Discovery Group
A highly motivated individual is sought to work within this team-orientated group. The successful candidates will be involved in:
- Developing and managing the delivery of gene therapy products for therapies currently under development in gene therapy
- Producing and characterizing lentiviral vectors used in our therapeutic programme
Key skills and requirements:
- PhD or equivalent in relevant Bioscience (e.g. virology, molecular and/or cellular biology) and have strong post-doctoral experience in academia or industry
- Excellent lab-based skills with particular emphasis on molecular biology that include but not limited to: DNA/microbial cloning RT-/PCR, qPCR, immunoblotting and cell biology techniques that include but not limited to: cell culture (adherent/suspension), cell transfection, viral vector production/purification, immunofluorescence and flow cytometry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Highly motivated
- Ability to execute projects to aggressive timelines with the ability to adapt to rapid changes in project priorities.
- Expertise in lentiviral vector gene therapies a distinct advantage.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Development and improvement of lentiviral vector technologies
- Lead/manage of research in the disease pipeline
- Independently manage daily research activities and support junior members of staff
- Keep excellent experimental/data records
- Opportunity for direct line management within the Group.
- Support other members of the team and wider the Research Group as required
- Industry experience in gene or cell therapies preferable
- Knowledge and experience of developing viral vector based therapies
- A highly motivated, enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Ability to demonstrate (by peer-reviewed publications) the ability to work independently, and with a good understanding of the field they are working within
- Ability to work well in a team setting and when appropriate, ensure others are able to perform the tasks to the benefit of the team objective.
Oxford BioMedica is a pioneer of gene and cell therapy and our work is helping to deliver life changing treatments.
Gene and cell therapy is the treatment of disease by the delivery of therapeutic DNA into a patient’s cells, providing long term and potentially curative treatments for a wide range of diseases. With the potential to transform medicine, the sector holds significant promise with the first commercial products now launched and others rapidly approaching the market
*no agencies please*