Clinical Operations Manager (UK/Europe) - Novella Clinical (1804387)
Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Manager, Clinical Operations, Clinical Monitoring
Novella Clinical is a global full service CRO, part of the Quintiles family, committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients as well as our employees. We focus on providing excellent training and career development opportunities, encouraging growth from within our talented workforce.
We're looking for a passionate, approachable and professional Clinical expert with great people skills and industry knowledge. An opportunity has arisen to be part of the EU Clinical Monitoring Management team and contribute to the overall management of the department and to lead and manage a team of clinical research professionals (Clinical Research Associates in the main, plus Clinical Trials Managers, depending on the experience of the candidate).
The main function of the Manager is to work with their team direct reports to assess levels of performance, assess training needs and to coach them through regular one to one meetings to ensure staff are in a position to successfully deliver to their projects in accordance with Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), ICH, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Working Practices (WPs), and policies and procedures set forth by Novella Clinical and its clients. All of which forms the basis for interim and end of year appraisals.
The role requires an ability to interact and influence across the business, i.e. with their peer team members, with Clinical Trial Managers , with project team members and on occasions with clients. As a result the Manager has the opportunity to build a high functioning team, to influence the productivity, efficiency and quality of the department.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
· BSc (or equivalent) in a life sciences program or a nursing qualification with a minimum of 8 years direct experience in clinical studies or equivalent level of education and experience. Understanding of the entire clinical research process mandatory.
· Previous experience in personnel management within a clinical research environment preferred.
· At least 5 years as a Clinical Research Associate, prefer at least 4 years as a successful Lead CRA/Clinical Trial Manager.
· Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a group of clinical research personnel.
· Excellent organizational, communication (verbal and written), and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently, prioritize and function effectively within a matrix team environment.
· Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Power Point.
· Prior global/multi region trial management experience is required.
· Prior proposal development and bid defense participation is preferred.
· Prior budget development and management experience is preferred.
· Prior experience in electronic data capture (EDC) is preferred.
· Prior site management experience is required.
· Prior project team leadership/management is required.
· Prior vendor management experience is preferred.
· Prior experience in a Clinical Research Organization (CRO) is preferred.
This is a permanent, full time role which can be home based in the UK or EU.
To apply please send your CV in Word format.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™