Nurse Manager - Clinical Research
- Contract Type
Are you a Qualified Nurse looking to advance your career into the clinical trials space?
Do you want to work for a leading multinational organisation, renowned throughout the industry for its meteoric rise to success and dependability to deliver on global contracts across multiple therapeutic areas and phases?
Due to an internal promotion we are now looking to recruit a Clinical Research Nurse Manager to complement the Clinical team at our Midlands dedicated research site.
As part of the Operational Management Team on site, reporting into the Site Manager, you will be responsible for leading, coaching & developing a team of Clinical Research Nurses and Clinical Trials Technicians.
Our nursing team are responsible for nursing activities related to clinical trials and have a broad exposure to a range of therapeutic areas.
We pride ourselves on being the “Patients choice for clinical research” and our Nursing teams are directly involved with ensuring a continuity of care for patients during the studies.
Bonus: up to 30% based on group, country and personal performance
Additional Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 5% matched contribution pension scheme, 3x Life Cover, access to our High Street discounts portal, Employee Assistance Programme, Employee Health Cash Plan programme, Cycle to work scheme, Childcare vouchers, enhanced sickness and family friendly policies, excellent training and development opportunities.
Key roles and responsibilities of the Nurse Manager are as follows –
- Drive quality assurance measures and appropriate policies to enhance clinical research activity and successful business delivery.
- Exercise meticulous attention to detail when collecting, recording, safety reporting, and verifying study data, reviewing trends and sharing best practice.
- Promoting and nurturing a welcoming and pleasant environment to ensure effective team working, and provide professional leadership.
- Facilitates and ensures affective communication, by participation in, regular clinical team, multidisciplinary, project strategy, feasibility, forums, and core study meetings.
- Reviews research protocols, identify and coordinate training and education requirements for clinical reports.
- Takes the lead on initiating emergency action when required e.g. cardiac arrest, anaphylaxis management, fire, or critical incidents.
- Review local outreach strategy with the Site Manager to promote your DRS within local community.
- Reviewer and author of relevant clinical SOP’s/guideline.
- Review audit reports, complaints, initiating corrective and preventative action to ensure best practice.
- Overall responsibility for Clinical Health and Safety.
- Management of team through performance management.
- Ensure that the clinical competency assessments and study specific training has been completed.
- Continuous time management review, and sign off of resource and capacity requirements in association with the Site Manager.
To be considered for this exciting, challenging opportunity you will need the following skills and experience:
- NMC registered nurse with demonstrable experience in a clinical setting
- Experience of leading/developing/engaging teams
- A real focus and passion for the patient experience
- Personable with a collaborative approach to building relationships
- Resilient, capable of managing potential conflict
- The ability to manage time, prioritising tasks and work under pressure
Interested? Great, please apply by ASAP.
Synexus is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
About The Company
“Our Dedicated Research Sites are where high quality staff engagement and top of the class facilities meet with the client expectation for fast enrolment and delivery."
Dr Radoslaw Janiak (President & COO)
Our success is based on a simple, but crucial, principle. We place the patient at the heart of everything we do. Synexus is a world class Site Network Organisation with global expertise spanning patient recruitment, trial planning, management and patient retention.
We recruit and retain more engaged patients, at fewer sites, and in less time than traditional centres, enhancing the quality and efficiency of our customers’ drug development programmes.