Workshop Engineer (12month FTC) - Northampton
- Contract Type
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
We are currently seeking a junior workshop engineer to join our high performing team based at our Northampton site, for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. On offer is the opportunity for you to become part of a long-standing company who will fully support you in the development of your skill sets and career that will allow you to progress within our company. The working hours are 08:45-16:45 between Monday and Friday.
- Perform activity on products that are supplied by Baxter (i.e. Volumetric Infusion Pump) and serviced in the workshop
- Inspect, install, service and maintain products in the workshop
- Establish & maintain good communication & partnerships with all team members
- Ensure all activities are performed following the available instructions and information, within the quality system framework
- Report all relevant service activity, to ensure updated and accurate service data in the service system
- Take on other roles or duties as requested by Workshop Supervisor or Manager
- Process hardware devices within the agreed KPI’s
- Perform telephone assistance to patients or Customers where needed or applicable
- Accurately document all service activity as required by Baxter quality procedure
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- This function requires an electronics ONC / HNC qualification or equivalent (preferably in medical instrumentation or electro-mechanics).
- Good spoken and written English, with a strong emphasis on customer service
- Basic knowledge of electronics
- Basic soldering skills required
- Basic knowledge of ESD protection