Senior Project Manager
- Contract Type
Are you looking to advance your career into the clinical trials space?
Do you want to work for a leading multinational organisation, renown throughout the industry for its meteoric rise to success and dependability to deliver on global contracts across multiple therapeutic areas and phases?
Are you looking to play an integral role in the future of medicine across the globe?
If so, this may be the opportunity for you: We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager to lead and manage multiple clinical studies to ensure they are delivered within agreed budget, schedule and quality requirements.
The Senior Project Manager will act as the lead Country Project Manager for assigned projects. They will motivate and inspire local teams to keep the projects on track to a successful outcome and capitalise on opportunities arising throughout the life-cycle of the project. This role will work closely with all German functions and Site Managers to ensure that robust local plans, including Patient Engagement plans and forecasts are in place to achieve fast start up of sites and cost effective delivery of the contractual target.
This role will be ideally based in the Leipzig office, with travel as required.Package description
Competitive + Excellent BenefitsMain responsibilities
Key roles and responsibilities for the Senior Project Manager are as follows –
- Build effective and robust customer relations which can weather the enviable highs and low throughout the project by managing the interactions between the customer’s team and the rest of the Synexus study team
- Develop and maintain workable project plans that will deliver the project within the timeframe and budget agreed with the customer
- Devise effective project communication pathways across country to ensure project information is clear and unambiguous. When receiving information ensures there is full understanding of the information
- Demonstrate strong communication skills across all dimensions: including written and oral; listening and speaking; internal and external; formal and informal
- Measure and assess project performance, in collaboration with Site Managers, Operational Compliance Manager and Data and Quality Managers. Collect and analyse project information to determine where the project stands and to predict future status and progress. Identify problems, solutions and escalate appropriate and in a timely manner
- Demonstrate strong organisational effectiveness skills in order to complete tasks, by understanding the formal and informal structures of all the Synexus project teams and customers involved in the project
- Negotiate and resolve disputes effectively both internally and externally to reach a swift, and when possible, a win-win resolution to maintain commitment and momentum within the country and client project teams
- Make effective decisions to solve problems by identifying the options available selecting the best choice from among many alternatives
- Continuously manage the project contract starting with analysis and evaluation of the agreement, ensuring all commitments are met to enable the study to meet the needs of both Synexus and the customer
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ Project Management experience ideally gained in the Clinical Research industry. Similar industries may be considered with sufficient experience
- A strong background in project leadership with a focus on delivering to commercial and recruitment targets, along with a focus on quality
- Plan and deliver projects using good project management practice, along with a clear understanding of project managements standards
- Prior experience of delighting internal & external customers, through effective delivery of robust customer service levels
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in German & English
- Be comfortable interacting at senior management level
- Understand and have experience of delivering projects in matrix management environment
- Be assertive, persistent, detail oriented and comfortable interacting with subject matter experts from within the clinical research industry
- Previous experience of business development and promoting and selling services
Interested? Great, please apply by the closing date of Thursday 13th December 2018.
Synexus is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.About the company
“Our Dedicated Research Sites are where high quality staff engagement and top of the class facilities meet with the client expectation for fast enrolment and delivery."
Dr Radoslaw Janiak (President & COO)
Our success is based on a simple, but crucial, principle. We place the patient at the heart of everything we do. Synexus is a world class Site Network Organisation with global expertise spanning patient recruitment, trial planning, management and patient retention.
We recruit and retain more engaged patients, at fewer sites, and in less time than traditional centres, enhancing the quality and efficiency of our customers’ drug development programmes.