Data Integration Lead
- Contract Type
Data Integration Lead
Data Integration Lead Contract, Pharma, Cambridge
Duration: 3 months (possibility of extension)
Salary: Very competitive, please contact me directly for this
If you are looking for a change so you can work in a fun and friendly environment for a leading pharmaceutical organisation, why not apply for this role today?
He/she will provide tangible and measurable value to stakeholders by taking a technical role in the delivery of both large and small data & analytics projects of the Transformation programme. They will undertake a range of activities including D&A solution design, agile project technical leadership, analytics and importantly software engineering for D&A solutions.
The DI Lead will identify opportunities for innovation in their delivery, leveraging technology and methodology best practices externally and internally to improve delivery performance and team capabilities. They will work closely with D&A Info architects and D&A engineering colleagues in the delivery of high quality engineered D&A solutions and also work with Data Scientists and with wider IT to deliver improved analytics capabilities to the business.
- Provide D&A solution engineering (ETL, ODS, Marts) support to the portfolio including design, implementation and testing activities
- Deliver cost effective, automated solutions to support D&A activities, for example data ETL workflows to support analytic platforms and tools
- Lead and deliver robust D&A solutions to support frequently asked business questions / analytical demands
- Innovate and test new technologies with relevance to D&A, including POCs, assessments and business case development
- Support D&A solution evaluation and selection decisions and early-phase project estimates
- Support solution development efforts through writing code
- Test and quality assess new D&A solutions, to ensure they are fit for release: code assurance, Unit and System Integration Testing, data testing, release management control and support of UAT processes
- Ensure that business data and information assets are made available as data services and artefacts for consumption by the wider enterprise
- Establish strong working relationships with stakeholder groups to develop an in-depth understanding of business priorities and early insight into changing needs to shape demand
- Act as a technical lead within the Scrum team
- BSc / MSc in Computer Science or related
- 10 years experience in Data & Analytics
- Ideally some pharma R&D domain knowledge would be a plus
- Experience of working with a range of BI & analytics architectures: traditional warehousing, distributed computing (Hadoop), NoSQL, virtualization, data streaming etc.
- Knowledge and experience of Talend software preferably in a cloud environment like AWS
o Development of both standard ETL jobs deployed on Job Servers and services (RSET, SOAP, Camel Routes) deployed on Talend ESB infrastructure
o Familiar with using GitLab as a source code repository
o Good knowledge of working with Talend project branches, merging them and publishing and deploying code to runtime environments
o Experience with Talend Metadata Manager and Talend Data Preparation is an advantage
- Connecting, loading and reading data from AWS database technologies like MySQL, Aurora, AWS Redshift, AWS EMR / Hive, PostgreSQL
- Using S3 a source / target for ETL jobs
- Experience and familiarity with Information Architecture models and artefacts
- Advanced experience in ETL tools and best practices around warehouse load processes
- Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts
- Strong understanding in relational databases, like Redshift and Postgres. Advanced SQL writing ability
- Experience of delivering D&A Solutions within IT projects delivered through Agile methodologies
- Experience in delivering enterprise-level ETL pipelines, data workflows migrations and lifecycles
Not ready to apply or have some questions first? No problem, please feel free to contact me, Juber Rahman at any time on +44 (0) 207 822 1710 / firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role is not suited to your skillset, please feel free to share these details within your professional networks as we do offer a generous bonus referral scheme of 250 in vouchers should we go on to successfully please someone you recommend to us.