- Contract Type
Are you a GP or an experienced Research Physician looking to advance your career into the clinical trials space?
Do you want to work for a leading multinational organisation, renowned throughout the industry for its meteoric rise to success and dependability to deliver on global contracts across multiple therapeutic areas and phases?
Are you looking to play an integral role in the future of medicine across the globe? If so, this may be the opportunity for you!
Our site, Stanza Clinical Research Centre located in Mamelodi, Pretoria is currently looking to recruit a Research Physician to complement the existing clinical team.
As a Research Physician, you will be responsible for ensuring the commercial success of your site through the safe performance of your local clinical studies according to ICH/GCP and local regulations. This role will also see you demonstrating leadership capability through your guidance and training of colleagues while you work on multiple studies.
Competitive + Benefits
Key roles and responsibilities for a Research Physician are:
- Conduct all clinical trials (studies) according to ICH GCP, local regulations, study protocol and Synexus processes
- Ensure the medical wellbeing and safety of the participants through the safe performance and execution of the studies
- Drive clinical oversight and quality of the studies at site or with Principal Investigator (PI) oversight at other sites
- 100% responsibility for the HVTN study as PI (Principal Investigator)
- Work as part of a team, with focus on positive interactions with sponsors, clients and staff members at the site
- Together with the Site Director/Manager responsible for the site operations, proactively participate and engage in driving delivery of study targets and thereby contributing to the commercial success of the site which includes: recruitment, enrolment and retention of study participants
- Focus on own development, skills and experience to manage multiple studies as a PI or sub-PI and assist with training, mentoring and general support to RPI
- At all times act according to the company values: Patient Engagement, Integrity, Expertise, Customer Service and Empowerment
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will require the following skills and experience:
- A valid MBChB degree within the country of practice with at least 2 years working as a licensed physician
- Valid registration with the HPCSA as a medical practitioner, with a medical licence in good standing and with unrestricted ability to practice in place of work, where applicable
- A valid ICH GCP certificate
- IT proficiency and confident in using Microsoft Office and other sponsor related programs and portals
- At least 1 one year experience working in Clinical Research with the added advantage of PI responsibility experience
- Exceptional general medical practitioner diagnosis and treatment proficiency
- Strong cognitive skills, with the ability to think, read, learn, reason, interpret and pay attention to detail in daily operations and tasks.
- Patient focused attitude paired with the capability to work well in a collaborative team
- Demonstrate the inclination to provide practical help and guidance to colleagues, providing practical solutions for any problems and supporting their development
- Show meticulous attention to detail in recording patient information and data ensuring any queries are acted upon in a timely and efficient manner
- Organised individual with a proactive approach to diary management
Interested? Great, please apply ASAP.
Synexus is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the company
“Our Dedicated Research Sites are where high quality staff engagement and top of the class facilities meet with the client expectation for fast enrolment and delivery."
-Dr Radoslaw Janiak (President & COO)
Our success is based on a simple, but crucial, principle. We place the patient at the heart of everything we do. Synexus is a world class Site Network Organisation with global expertise spanning patient recruitment, trial planning, management and patient retention.
We recruit and retain more engaged patients, at fewer sites, and in less time than traditional centers, enhancing the quality and efficiency of our customers’ drug development programs.