MEDICAL DIRECTOR IN EARLY PHASE CLINICAL RESEARCH - Prague, Czech Republic
MEDICAL DIRECTOR IN EARLY PHASE CLINICAL RESEARCH
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
PRA's Early Development Services (EDS) group, is one of the business units within PRA Health Sciences that provides comprehensive services such as Phase I and IIa Clinical Research, Bioanalytical research and Data support.
Over 1100 professionals working from different countries make up the PRA's Early Development Services team and work together to get the best result. We have several Clinical Pharmacology Units (CPU) and Bio Analytical Labs, located across the world, where we perform research into the effects and possible side effects of medicines. This is done with the help of volunteers both healthy volunteers and patients.
Patient Pharmacology Services is a group within EDS with management offices in Germany, and clinical operations in several cities across Central Europe, focusing on early-phase clinical trials in various patient populations.
The group has over 20 years of experience in successfully executing early-phase studies. Our unique medical-scientific and operational approach combines the services and capabilities of PRA’s Clinical Research Units with a viable network of specialists and clinical research sites supporting our clinical studies.
PRA’s clinical research unit in Prague, Czech Republic, is a phase I facility accredited in internal medicine and clinical pharmacology. The clinic offers a wide range of early phase study services in a variety of special populations including patients with renal and hepatic impairment and various other patient populations.
For our clinical research facility in the Czech Republic (Prague) we are looking for a Medical Director.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for the medical safety of all the subjects that participate in our studies in the Czech Republic.
- Play an important leadership role in assessing whether a compound will be tested in our clinic.
- Lead our Research Physicians and Nurses.
- Assess safety data during the conduct of the study.
- Develop patient recruitment strategies
- Maintain and further develop relationships with specialists and hospital investigators
- Expand our regional clinical research site network
- Collaborate with medical communities and patient organizations
- Represent PRA towards customers on medical safety aspects of studies.
What do you bring as a Medical Director?
- MD degree as a Doctor/Physician
- Additional degree in Internal Medicine, Intensive Care or equivalent (e.g. Hepatology, Nephrology) preferred
- Clinical Pharmacology degree / knowledge preferred
- Recent clinical experience and experience in clinical research
- Work office based from the Clinical Research Unit in Prague, Czech Republic
The Early Development Services (EDS) division of PRA is a global leader in providing early-phase clinical research and bio-analytical services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. With a reputation built on excellence, quality and professionalism, we work with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, performing clinical research and bio-analytical trials on many of the most advanced experimental drugs and biological in development today. Employees of EDS are enthusiastic and dedicated and work in a dynamic informal organization.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent working environment. As we continue to expand, there will be career opportunities on a truly global scale.
How to apply:
If you are interested in a dynamic job and career, please send your application and resume in English.
Your health, your family, your career, your money — the things that matter to you, matter to us. The benefits of PRA just get better and better.
PRA Health Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.