Operations Manager - North Tees
- Clinical Research
Bonus: up to 30% based on group, country and personal performance
Additional Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 5% matched contribution pension scheme, 3x Life Cover, access to our High Street discounts portal, Employee Assistance Programme, Employee Health Cash Plan programme, Cycle to work scheme, Childcare vouchers, enhanced sickness and family friendly policies, excellent training and development opportunities and flexible working availability.
About The Company
“Our Dedicated Research Sites are where high quality staff engagement and top of the class facilities meet with the client expectation for fast enrolment and delivery."
Dr Radoslaw Janiak (President & COO)
Our success is based on a simple, but crucial, principle. We place the patient at the heart of everything we do. Synexus is a world class Site Network Organisation with global expertise spanning patient recruitment, trial planning, management and patient retention.
We recruit and retain more engaged patients, at fewer sites, and in less time than traditional centres, enhancing the quality and efficiency of our customers’ drug development programmes.
This is a challenging but truly exciting opportunity to join Synexus as an Operations Manager in North Tees.
Hot on the heels of the successful development of our Hexham site, our North Tees dedicated research site is a brand new, purpose built facility. It is located on the grounds of the North Tees & Hartlepool NHS trust, another productive partnership with the NHS.
This role will be responsible for providing overall leadership, strategy and accountability for the efficiency, quality, operational performance of the site.
Through the engagement of the Site Management Team; Medical Operations Manager, Clinical Research Nurse Manager, Data Quality Manager & Patient Services Manager, you will have a direct impact on driving the culture and values of the business, through the engagement of people, to ensure that the Site’s commercial objectives are achieved.
Key roles and responsibilities for the Operations Manager are as follows –
- Business strategy, planning and development – agree, sustain and improve KPIs vs commercial objectives, maximising site growth opportunities. Resource planning & forecasting to ensure that site delivery is maintained.
- Provide operational support & cross collaboration, across the UK sites, to ensure business continuity and share best practise.
- Deliver on revenue and profit targets – Lead, engage and motivate direct reports to achieve monthly targets. Manage and control costs within agreed budgets and authorisation levels through site management structure, driving best practice.
- Performance management & leadership of the site - Lead, coach, empower and inspire site teams, ensure all team members have clear accountabilities/expectations.
- Ensure that all clinical and personal training objectives are met including the oversight of training plans, on-boarding processes and the continuous revalidation of core skills.
- Implement best practice and process improvement initiatives at site level.
- Manage performance proactively in line with company policy.
- Client customer Service & satisfaction - Drive achievement of Synexus and Sponsor quality objectives ensuring effective and efficient best practice processes, procedures and documentation to aid delivery and meet customer requirements.
- Business development & growth - Maximising on site marketing & brand awareness opportunities.
- Site Quality Compliance - Ensure overall compliance with company quality framework, legislation, guidelines and international standards.
- Personal development - Ensure knowledge with regards to clinical research and business management is kept up to date with reading and attending relevant training.
- Patient customer service - Ensure a safe, friendly experience for our patients, in line with company values with a focus on clear communication, dignity, privacy and safety.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team in a commercially focussed, operational environment
- A proven track record of leading, engaging and developing cross functional teams
- Ability to successfully manage and deliver multiple projects and improvements through change management/team engagement
- An approachable, enthusiastic approach paired with an infectious attitude to truly make a difference
Interested? Great, please apply by the closing date of Friday 30th November 2018.
Synexus is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.