Client Director Strategic Alliances [Project Management/Biostatistics]
- Contract Type
• Create and manage strategic relationships and alliances with assigned customer; build networks with necessary stakeholders internally and externally.
• Work with global function operational leaders and customer stakeholders to develop, implement and track key performance indicators (KPIs) and develop timelines and processes for tracking KPIs on a functional account/portfolio level.
• Provide Senior Level oversight and/or act as an Functional Account Owner for a customer alliance by partnering with other functional leads to develop and implement process improvements, to ensure consistency, provide oversight of portfolio level quality and financial metrics, etc.
• Oversee the scope of work, objectives, timelines, quality of deliverables, and other activities for assigned client(s) and associated programs as it pertains to the global function
• Oversee the functional management of a large global team by assigning and holding accountable for goals, staffing demands, delivery expectations, and continual improvement initiatives.
• Act as the key relationship manager and primary contact for the service function to assigned client contacts to ensure appropriate and effective communication channels are maintained as well as recommend courses of action regarding client management issues.
• Collaborate with other IQVIA alliance managers, account personnel and customer managers to present a single voice and strategy to the customer.
• Lead internal escalation meetings to ensure quick response to any quality concerns or customer escalations, ensuring appropriate representatives
from stakeholders and operational management are involved as appropriate.
• Review and oversee budget(s) to meet financial and company goals proactively ensure adherence to change control processes.
• Participates in strategic initiatives on enhancing customer delivery, creating new offerings, developing new systems or tools to enhance oversight, etc.
• Represent assigned client to internal stakeholders; provide consultation to clients on strategy and operational delivery as needed; serve as an internal consultant to other business partners for integrated functional solutions
• Provide effective representation of the function in high visibility forums e.g. joint IQVIA Committees, Joint Operations Teams, etc. representing IQVIA with the highest level of professionalism.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong customer focus. Excellent customer management and account service skills with the ability to quickly establish and maintain rapport.
• Ability to achieve results through communication, facilitation, negotiations in a matrix service delivery environment with shared responsibilities.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, empathy, and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of applicable global, regional and local regulatory requirements; i.e. Good Clinical Practice (GCP), International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines and Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC), IQVIA Standard Operating Procedures.
• Demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical development and delivery requirements, especially in data flow, analysis, and reporting services and interdependencies of those services in the broader clinical development domain.
• Strong independent decision-making; problem solving and judgment skills. Strong customer focus; account and alliance management and experience in customer contracting models; business acumen; financial management and budgeting skills.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results, drive collaborative culture thinking, and achieve highly-engaged teams in change control environment
• Effectively leading in a matrix environment.
• Demonstration of clear accountability, ownership, and results-driven transparency.
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills utilizing solutions driven approach. Demonstrating an appropriate level of judgment
• Strong financial analysis skills; preferably thorough understanding of company margins, pricing strategies, contracting models and profitability measures, and the influencers of those measures.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent in health science or other directly related field and 10 years clinical research experience in a Contract Research Organization or Pharmaceutical company with at least 5 years of relationship management experience.
• Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
• Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
• Requires frequent domestic and occasional international travel.