Quantitative Pharmacologist, Director - UK
Are you interested in joining a leading, global healthcare provider, within a Directorial Quantitative Pharmacology role? You will be responsible for providing quantitative expertise into clinical development plans, including the design, conduct and interpretation of relevant pre/clinical pharmacology studies, including PK/PD studies. The qualified candidate will have the ability to work on a variety of therapeutic indications and data types, and may supervise and provide oversight of Associates.
I am looking for a candidate who want to utilise their pharmacological and early development strategic drug development expertise to add impact within a multifunctional team. Within this company there are also various career pathways offered, to match your ambition and personal interests.
Skills & Abilities
- PhD, MD, PharmD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology, Toxicology, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar discipline.
- 5+ years of industry/consulting experience (may be combined with academic research) working in R&D, pre-clinical and or clinical environments.
- Experience in moving compounds through the clinical trials process and experience with various elements of clinical development and trial design and management and filings.
- Skills and experience in pharmacometrics, clinical pharmacology, pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamics (PD) in a project team setting (including leadership roles), with clients as well as internal staff.
- Knowledge in PK/PD and clinical pharmacology with good quantitative skills
- Good knowledge of modelling software such as WinNonlin Phoenix, NONMEM, S-Plus/R
- Ability to lead, and mentor other junior PK scientists on clinical pharmacology, and quantitative methods.
I manage a range of other permanent and freelance positions for a broad portfolio of clients (Biotech, CRO and Pharma). If the above role isn’t for you but you’d nevertheless like to discuss your options in the market, I’d welcome a confidential discussion by phone or email. Contact Ian Kulka at +44 1293 584 300 / +1 (617) 982 1238.
Pharmacometric, Modelling, Nonlinear, pharmacometry, simulation, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, Clinical, Director, Leader, Manager, Strategy, Reports, Matlab, NonMEM, SimCYP, WinNonlin, R, Monolix, PKPD, PK/PD, PBPK, Modeller