Clinical Research Physician - Hexham
- Contract Type
Are you looking to advance your career into the clinical trials space?
Do you want to work for a leading multinational organisation, renowned throughout the industry for its meteoric rise to success and dependability to deliver on global contracts across multiple therapeutic areas and phases?
Are you looking to play an integral role in the future of medicine across the globe? If so, this may be the opportunity for you!
Ideally located within Hexham General Hospital, our Hexham site is situated within a wide and diverse population of patients with complex health requirements.
There is an every evolving portfolio of studies across numerous therapeutic areas and we are looking to recruit a Research Physician to add to the experienced, well established clinical team.
Bonus: up to 30% based on group, country and personal performance
Additional Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 5% matched contribution pension scheme, 3x Life Cover, access to our High Street discounts portal, Employee Assistance Programme, Employee Health Cash Plan programme, Cycle to work scheme, Childcare vouchers, enhanced sickness and family friendly policies, excellent training and development opportunities and flexible working availability.
As a Research Physician 2, you will be responsible for ensuring the commercial success of your site through the safe performance of your local clinical studies. You will also act as the principal investigator (PI) or co-investigator for some or all of the studies at your site where you accept responsibility for all sponsor research studies while also ensuring ICH/GCP and local regulations are met. This role will also see you demonstrating leadership capability through your guidance and training of colleagues while you work on multiple studies.
Key roles and responsibilities of the Research Physician 2 role are:
- Acting as principal investigator (PI) or co-investigator ensuring ICH/GCP and local regulations are met
- Conducting clinical trials in line with the protocol and to ensure the recruitment of eligible participants onto the studies
- Taking ownership of being prepared for all GMC appraisals to ensure a positive outcome
- Review screening, pre-screening and screening success rates for clinical trials
- Providing information and support to consenting participants for a clinical study
- Liaising with and developing positive relations with sponsors, clients and clients’ contractors as required, projecting a helpful and courteous company image
- Carrying out clinical evaluation and clinical investigation of participants
- Constantly seeking and suggesting quality improvements
- Taking responsibility for ensuring serious adverse events / adverse events are reported appropriately
- Having responsibility for the medical wellbeing of participants during the clinical trial and referral to specialists or GP as required
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will require the following skills and experience:
- Be a GMC registered doctor with previous experience within clinical research
- Possess demonstrable experience of being a principle investigator/sub investigator within clinical research
- Have working knowledge of GCP (ICH/GCP and local regulations compliance)
- Demonstrate the inclination to provide practical help and guidance to colleagues, providing practical solutions for any problems and supporting their development
- Show meticulous attention to detail in recording patient information and data ensuring any queries are acted upon in a timely and efficient manner
- Be team player, capable of building and sustaining relationships with colleagues as well as patients
Interested? Great, please apply by the closing date of Sunday 9th December 2018.
Synexus is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the company
About The Company
“Our Dedicated Research Sites are where high quality staff engagement and top of the class facilities meet with the client expectation for fast enrolment and delivery."
Dr Radoslaw Janiak (President & COO)
Our success is based on a simple, but crucial, principle. We place the patient at the heart of everything we do. Synexus is a world class Site Network Organisation with global expertise spanning patient recruitment, trial planning, management and patient retention.
We recruit and retain more engaged patients, at fewer sites, and in less time than traditional centres, enhancing the quality and efficiency of our customers’ drug development programmes.