Director, Pharmaceutical Development
We’re looking for an experienced leader in Pharmaceutical Development activities to manage, coach and develop a PD team of up 8 people. Your expert technical skills in inhalation development projects will ensure scientific rigour and challenge.
Other key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Ensure company’s drug delivery technology and know-how is competitive and progressive, by developing innovative and novel inhalation drug delivery technology and protecting this through patent filings
- Oversee all inhalation projects ensuring they meet their technical goals within the agreed budget (internal and external costs) and timeline
- Develop and deliver robust inhalation formulations according to agreed target product profiles
- Develop, scale-up and deliver robust manufacturing processes for inhalation products and transfer to manufacturing sites as required (e.g. 3rd parties)
- Collaborate closely with customers as required, presenting results and proposals for development and guide strategic development of partnered and internal products
- Support regulatory functions in submissions of IND, IMPD, CTX, NDA, ANDA, MAA and other applications (i.e. by writing pharmaceutical development module)
- Provide expertise on inhalation dosage forms to other Vectura functions (project management, business development, clinical and regulatory, etc.)
- Support Business Development activities by contributing to inhalation project strategies and proposals
- Input into project plans and development strategies for all development projects (in close collaboration with project management, business development and customers)
- Manage and control the departmental budget in terms of internal resources and external costs
What you need
You’ll be degree educated in a Life Science and Ph.D. in relevant area of research. You’ll be able to demonstrate extensive experience and expertise in formulation and process development in the pharmaceutical industry or academia, strongly preferable in the field of inhalation. You’ll be a proven leader of teams and be able to engage, manage and motivate employees. You'll be fluent in English and preferably in German also
What you get
Our workplace culture encourages a diverse and inclusive work force. We offer flexible working opportunities that promote a healthy work life balance. We nurture our people through vocational & leadership development, mentoring programmes and career development.
In return for your skills and expertise we offer a competitive base salary, annual bonus and generous benefits package including first class accident insurance, the possibility to join collective health insurance plan, share save/incentive schemes and purchase of lunch checks at low rate.
SkyePharma, a member of Vectura group of companies is a specialist drug delivery company developing oral and inhalation products. With its range of patented and proven technologies, SkyePharma develops value-added products from early feasibility through to commercialisation.
We partner with a wide variety of companies from big Pharma to smaller speciality pharmaceutical companies. SkyePharma’s proprietary drug delivery technologies enable the development of new formulations of existing products as well as new chemical entities to provide a clinical benefit to patients.
SkyePharma’s Muttenz site is easily accessible by public transport. With 15 nationalities at our Muttenz site, we have created an interesting and fascinating environment.
For more information or to regsiter interest please click on apply