Applications Administrator - Sofia-151571
Imagine working for an established global organisation, whose wealth of talented employees rely on stable and secure systems so they can remain focused on their key goals and deliverables. If you are passionate about providing customers with first-class service for their IT needs and have experience working in an IT support environment, then this is the opportunity for you. We are seeking dedicated, flexible, highly motivated and skilled IT application administrators to join our organisation. Working in a team of global IT professionals, you will be responsible for:
- Providing implementation, operational and maintenance support for enterprise applications inclusive of SAS GRID.
- Maintaining system stability to ensure minimal downtime and maximum performance.
- Troubleshooting and resolving application specific issues.
- Installing and maintaining enterprise application software (including dedicated hardware).
- Following defined processes for executing change requests.
QualificationsEducation and Experience:
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or related area or year for year relevant experience
- 2-4 years of experience as a SAS GRID administrator in a multi-node Windows environment.
- Experience in Clinical or Pharmaceutical industry a plus
- SAS Administration related certification a plus
- Responsible for the overall availability of the SAS tools and software environments.
- Experience deploying, managing, and troubleshooting SAS GRID Manager/SAS Platform.
- In-depth knowledge of SAS and GRID administration, installation, configuration, monitoring, performance optimization and problem resolution.
- Responsible for assisting in the planning, coordination and implementation of various SAS products while troubleshooting system related problems and be responsible for the overall availability of the SAS environment. Other responsibilities include maintaining the SAS software roadmap, presenting technical briefings to the support staff, developers and the management team.
- Knowledge server administration and architecture (Windows Server, Linux), e.g. navigating Linux directory structures.
- Ability to interact with relational databases (primarily Oracle, some SQL Server) – e.g. authoring Structured Query Language (SQL)-based queries, troubleshooting PL/SQL packages.
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems and desktop productivity applications (MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of web technologies (IIS, .NET, Apache).
- Ability to diagnose problems, define/resolve/coordinate the implementation of solutions with other groups.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of application problems, if necessary, working with our system development team, systems/network administration personnel, other departments at PPD, or with software vendors.
- Self-motivated with the initiative to see issue resolution through to completion.
- Business focused approach with strong interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude with a commitment to a high quality of work.
- Demonstrated competency to learn new technical skills.