Senior Project Manager – Lifecycle Maintenance
This role will be responsible for project delivery and execution at the customer account level, across two contributing business units, Lifecycle Safety (PV) and Global Regulatory Affairs (GRA). Provide strategic program leadership and project management; act as primary point of contact throughout project duration for local and globally scoped deliverables; collaborate with a global team in a joint effort to meet sponsor expectations; recommend and implement ongoing continuous improvement initiatives in an effort to ensure the maturity of the program; seek to ensure compliance with agreed-upon SLA’s and KPI’s; ensure that our deliverables provide the highest level of quality and value to our customers.
· Manage and coordinate efforts of cross-functional project teams to support milestone achievement; manage project issues and obstacles and ensure consistent use of project tools and compliance with standard processes, policies and procedures. Implement continuous improvement activities for assigned projects.
· Work with functional lead managers to ensure that project budget(s) meet financial and company goals (realization targets), with a focus on proactively ensuring adherence to change control processes.
· Work with individual staff to identify quality issues within the project and coaching on resolution of issues, including implementation of corrective action plans and escalation; assist in planning corrective / preventative actions and guidance for improvement, as applicable according to SOPs
· Support and active development of management plans and supporting documentation, including quality management plans, delivery manuals, training plans, communication plans, and other relevant core documentation.
· Serve as a cross-functional project contact with internal and external stakeholders and primary Sponsor contact as assigned by senior management to ensure communication is maintained and processes are adhered to.
· Report on team performance against contract, customer expectations, and project baselines to senior management and stakeholders; prepare and present project information at internal and external stakeholder meetings.
· Lead problem solving and resolution efforts to include management of risk, contingencies and issues. Support development of proactive contingency plans to mitigate risk.
· Identify quality issues within the project to facilitate appropriate corrective action plans. Escalate findings and action plans to appropriate parties.
· Inspire collaborative efforts with other functional groups both internal and external where necessary to support milestone achievement and to manage project issues and obstacles.
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of CRO and Pharmaceutical industry operations, Lifecycle Safety and Global Regulatory Affairs; demonstrated willingness to increase knowledge across these lines and develop new skills.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including good command of English language
· Strong organizational and problem solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics
· Good team leadership skills
· Effective mentoring and training skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Good judgment
· Effective presentation skills
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
· Ability to manage competing priorities
· Strong software and computer skills; proficient with MS Excel; prefer MS Project experience / working knowledge
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field and 5 years post marketing experience, including project management or project leadership experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
· Minimum 2 years of experience leading complex, cross-functional delivery with proven success in leading global programs
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
· Fluent in English