Principal Medical Writer
Our client is a medical communications agency providing full consulting and communications services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. This is an opportunity to join their award winning team as a principal medical writer and be based either their London, Cheshire or Swiss offices.
You will have the responsibility to write, edit, and proof-read text for company products as well as work with design and production teams to produce a range of printed and digital materials to meet the needs of clients. Alongside this you will manage and support to more junior writers in the team and have regular contact with clients. You will primarily be working on an oncology account and producing a range of materials including manuscripts, meetings materials, medical affairs educational materials on a global account with a portfolio of both pipeline and launched products.
An excellent remuneration package is offered including, pension, healthcare and 25 days holidays. Our client is known for their friendly and informal working environment, where employees feel challenged and their contribution is recognised. Opportunities for career and personal development are excellent and they are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
- Write and edit publication manuscripts, slide kits, monographs, newsletters, meeting reports, posters, and other materials
- Draft and edit work in different writing styles targeted at different audiences in different therapy areas. On all editorial projects, incorporate feedback from colleagues, clients and clinicians
- Checks and ensures quality of others work, in terms of both accuracy and satisfying the project brief
- Assist or take the lead in creative development, and writing detailed proposals for new business
- Participate in on-site activities as required
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed on time and within the time allocated in the project estimate
- Communicate or warn when timelines are not likely to be met as well as suggest an alternative arrangement if necessary
- By drawing on experience, contribute ideas and share experiences to support project teams.
- Provide ongoing support and management to more junior writers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A life sciences degree required, ideally combined with a Master’s degree or PhD
- Significant previous medical writing experience attained in a medical communications agency environment
- Experience of writing the full range of marketing materials including manuscripts, slide decks, training materials and adept as writing for a range of audiences
- Good therapy area knowledge with oncology (solid tumour and haem) being an advantage
- Computer Literacy
If you are ready for a challenge that will require developed writing skills along with client facing and KOL development responsibilities, this could be for you.
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.
Apply for Principal Medical Writer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly